2020 NFL Thread

BizCT

Those young coaches stunk horribly yesterday with there decisions......  Did bills coach really think kicking fgs were gonna do anything for them...  Couldn't he tell it was men against boys and kicking fgls on 4th and short was not gonna do dinky doo against that team....  And Lafluer holymoly was he horrendous..

• Like 1

You know, not for nothing, but the locker room protest, crap though folks may think it to be, is what makes our country great. They're not burning cars, flags, or stores. It's their right to protest. And our right to turn off the tube (yeah, tvs don't have tubes anymore, showing my age lol). 

Took the day off so I could celebrate or mope after staying up late (for me) to watch my Bills get outplayed in the biggest game of the year. I'm neither celebrating or moping. They had a hell of a year, and I enjoyed every second of it. Two home playoff victories, and a conference championship spot. The trend is up. They're solid at QB, the head coach and exec are locked up for a few years, Daboll will return in '21, and the future is bright for this team.

Many years ago, way back in 1988, the overachieving Bills lost a conference championship game to the Bengals. Two years later they starting their string of Super Bowls.

Go Bills in 2021. Hope the Chiefs beat Brady!

• Like 4

Funny story from last night.....I was explaining to my young sons that there is a pirate ship in the endzone of the Tampa stadium and they fire the cannons when Tampa scores......well my boys have been trained in there short existence on earth to hate Brady so my older son says around the end of the Bills game last night..." Dad can we still watch the super bowl even though we hate Brady....cause I wanna see that pirate ship blow off a cannon"!

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Steuben Jerry said:

Took the day off so I could celebrate or mope after staying up late (for me) to watch my Bills get outplayed in the biggest game of the year. I'm neither celebrating or moping. They had a hell of a year, and I enjoyed every second of it. Two home playoff victories, and a conference championship spot. The trend is up. They're solid at QB, the head coach and exec are locked up for a few years, Daboll will return in '21, and the future is bright for this team.

Many years ago, way back in 1988, the overachieving Bills lost a conference championship game to the Bengals. Two years later they starting their string of Super Bowls.

In many ways, the 2020 Bills were like the 2018 Chiefs. They had Mahomes going 7-9 or 8-8, but he exploded on the scene and led them to afc champ game where they lost to Pats/Brady on coinflip and offsides call. While Allen and the Bills were predicted to win 11-12 games, they still did even better than expectations. Playoff experience is always crucial and they got 3 games of it this year. It should definitely help the players/coaches moving forward. 

• Like 1

I watch almost the whole Bucs / Packers game .  The score should of been much higher for the Bucs. Lots of dropped balls by the Bucs receivers . The score should not have been that close .

Didn't turn on the Bills/Chiefs game until it was 9/0 Bills and thought WOW ! Happy for you Bills fans ! And then it all went down the tank. Reason ? Bills pass defense was awful . Chiefs pass defense was superb . Mahomes  was free to razzle dazzle around the backfield even with pressure and hit wide open receivers that should have never been that wide open. Made it look easy even with pressure.

Going to be an interesting Super Bowl but I have to give the Chiefs the edge.  They have more " Eye Of The Tiger " spirit running through their veins. They smell blood and are going after it. I dont think the Bucs are that well tuned in as a team

3 hours ago, Steuben Jerry said:

Yes, the future is bright for the Bills, but the Bills just got by the Colts and were lucky the QB for Baltimore overthrew a wide open Raven wideout in the playoff game, otherwise that playoff game would have been tied up, and then...who knows how that game would have turned out.

No disrespect towards the Bills...they had a great run, but in order to get past the elite teams, they have some work to do, and I'm a Cheektowaga raised Bills fan.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Didn’t the Bills stay in the locker room when they played the national anthem? Terrible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

That’s not the greatest look but it happened all year . Maybe I’ll switch favorite teams . Seems to work for you . 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Merlot said:

Yes, the future is bright for the Bills, but the Bills just got by the Colts and were lucky the QB for Baltimore overthrew a wide open Raven wideout in the playoff game, otherwise that playoff game would have been tied up, and then...who knows how that game would have turned out.

No disrespect towards the Bills...they had a great run, but in order to get past the elite teams, they have some work to do, and I'm a Cheektowaga raised Bills fan.

They made it to the final 4 . So there’s 2 other teams ahead of them? That’s not considered elite ? 

20 minutes ago, sodfather said:

They made it to the final 4 . So there’s 2 other teams ahead of them? That’s not considered elite ? 

Elite.......  Hell no...  They just got completely embarrassed and outclassed... Could have easily lost to a 7th seed. Allen could not handle an all out blitz which elite qbacks beg for teams to do cause they know exactly where the wide open receivers are.  Even though they got this far from what I witnessed they are a long way from elite....

Edited by cbyzerman

10 minutes ago, cbyzerman said:

Elite.......  Hell no...  They just got completely embarrassed and outclassed... Could have easily lost to a 7th seed. Allen could not handle an all out blitz which elite qbacks beg for teams to do cause they know exactly where the wide open receivers are.  Even though they got this far from what I witnessed they are a long way from elite....

You should watch more then . They barely blitz they got that rush with their 4 down lineman mostly . He’s made giant steps forward in 3 years . Let’s look at the other QB’s in his draft class . 
Baker , Lamar, Rosen and Darnold. He’s arguably the best in his class to date . And the second best QB in the AFC as of now . 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, sodfather said:

Nope, not yet. Allen improved greatly, but he is not elite yet, and it showed yesterday. After the first 2 years, he looked like a wasted pick, but he did show marked improvement this year.

1 hour ago, sodfather said:

Actually I remember @Merlot calling Allen trash this year . I’d say he’s far from trash . Just wasn’t good enough to win 1 game to go to the super bowl . 

I probably did, because he wasn't very good through the playoff game with the Texans. Yesterday tarnished his resume'. Hope he learns from his mistakes. To be fair, his coaches played scared with play calling, but Allen had his own mistakes with those huge sacks for big losses. Needs to be smarter with the ball. This team very easily could have lost to the Colts, and were lucky that Ravens QB overthrew a wide open receiver that would have tied the game.

Not an elite team yet. Looked like men against boys yesterday.

That’s not the greatest look but it happened all year . Maybe I’ll switch favorite teams . Seems to work for you . 

I never switched. Like most kids they are put in outfits without deciding. I hated the Jets and hated the color the green. When I was 5 and allowed to finally pick What I wanted, it was chiefs gear. That was 1990

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro