Put one on the ground this morning

WNYBuckHunter

Thanks guys, just got done skinning him out. Gonna get him cut up tonight and start grinding tomorrow!

BTW, my daughter loved watching me skin him lol. Thought shed never stop asking questions!

Been there with my son... Daddy why are you doing this and why are you doing that?? Wouldnt change it for the world!! Lol.

Thanks guys, just got done skinning him out. Gonna get him cut up tonight and start grinding tomorrow!

BTW, my daughter loved watching me skin him lol. Thought shed never stop asking questions!

Congradulations. I'm glad you listened to me and shot one..haha JK

Both of my kids love to go down and watch us cut deer up too, I remember doing the same thing as a lil Doewhacker playing with the cut off feet. :D In fact both of them were questioning me as to when we are gonna cut up that 8 my brother got today. ;)

Nice job with the buck. So now you understand the thrill of shooting these critters from the ground, eyeball-eye-ball, on their level. It just adds a whole lot more excitement to the whole thing. And when you get a chance to do it almost within touching range..... well it just doesn't get any better than that. Congratulations!

Doe, after the ordeal last weekend, I decided this week that I was going to take the first deer this weekend that presented the opportunity. Well, besides a fawn. I have to say I am a little miffed that the bigger guy didnt step into my lane first, but I dont regret taking the shot at all. Its my first buck with the stick and string, and my first one from the ground.

Doc, Yep and let me say, its great! Now I see why you guys that ground hunt do what you do. It felt just as, if not more exhilarating than any of my encounters with big bucks from a stand has. Ive actually been trying out stalking and still hunting this year by leaving my stand a little earlier on alot of days and hunting my way back out of the woods. Almost had a doe Friday evening by doing just that. I think Im getting hooked!

Thanks everyone. Gotta get out to the garage and get him quartered and in the fridge before it gets warm out. The heart sammy was great last night. Sauteed it with onions, garlic, butter and red wine.

• Like 1

I'm on the ground today. I gotta say that your heart beats faster and harder. Had a small doe come thirty yards took aim and could not stop the shakes, finally settle down and take the shot. I hear the arrow hit a twig. DAng it she stops to locate me no further shot. Instill shaking what a rush