200 lb club

sbuff

My heaviest buck dressed out at 196 lbs (shotgun.) I know I've got a photo of him, somewhere.

My second heaviest was 167 pounds and won three archery deer pools for the heaviest buck. Here's an old picture of him...

So I am not a member of the 200 lb. club...yet.

Post photos so we can see.

post-480-131455313165_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...

I have heard reliable reports of local bucks ( Steuben County) that weighed 200 pounds or more dressed, but I have never seen one..

However, I've been hunting since the early 60's and have seen a lot of deer pulled up on the scales...The heaviest I ever laid eyeballs on weighed 185... He was shot early in bow season and was larded up with fat...

The heaviest buck  I have personally  shot dressed out at 175.. Funny thing..He was dogging a doe with his nose right to the ground when I shot him..I really didn't think he was that big a deer until I walked up to him... The drag, about a mile uphill..damn near killed ME..!!... :) ....

I have them on film...I will have to scan them. I Took a Rochester NY 8 point that dressed 190. the 12 point that I use for my pic on here was in full rut....23" around his neck under his chin where it buldged out. he dressed out at 205. That was an Adirondak buck. that drag killed me. I gutted him and had to drag him 25' to the logging road b4 we could lift him onto the tailgate...lol. He ran the perfect direction!

Heres one that my uncle took on my property the 1st year we hunted it and that 8 pt dressed out at 185lbs. I have shot two other deer that I did not weigh however one is very similar in weight to the one in the picture and I shot a 6 point few years back that made our 185lb dressed deer look small, so I would have to say that 6 point was well over 200 lbs dressed. I'm really upset I never weighed that 6 point, he is still the heaviest deer we have ever taken to date. My father has been hunting deer for 45 + years now and he said that 6 point was the heaviest deer he had ever seen...

post-18-131455341655_thumb.jpg

My Dad is a member of the 200 lb club. The deer on the right is his 10pt he shot during shotgun season in 1979. The deer weighed 208 dressed and the rack scored 134 and some fraction. "Ralph" as he calls him was shot at several times from a Lefever 12 gauge Double barrel Nitro Special which now resides in my gun cabinet. He has a perfect slug hole in his left ear to prove the lead was flying that day.

My favorite part of the picture is the Old Milwaukee can and the smile on my Dads face.

Dads10pt.jpg