WTH are these bugs?

mowin

3 hours ago, mowin said:

These are the ones we had a few yrs ago.  Squish on one of those, and you understand why they are called stink bugs. 

image.png.64d37de24245c0563da457a4b49dc107.png

This one looks like the stink bugs I have always known, the one shown above this one looks more like a Box Elder flipped on it's back.

By the way I lived the first 21 years of my life in Niagara County and had never seen or heard of them until I moved into Yates County, they seem to be all over the finger lakes region.

Edited by Sir-diealot

7 minutes ago, Sir-diealot said:

This one looks like the stink bugs I have always known, the one shown above this one looks more like a Box Elder flipped on it's back.

By the way I lived the first 21 years of my life in Niagara County and had never seen or heard of them until I moved into Yates County, they seem to be all over the finger lakes region.

The pic definitely wasn't a bug flipped on its back.  It was crawling just before I took the pic. 

Yeah we get the stink bugs now in the Fingerlakes. We get the box elder too just not as many.  The bug @mowin is a western conifer seed bug. See the pic I found pretty sure it’s same bug.  We get those too now.  Stink bugs the most....though my daughter has a chameleon so I occasionally feed him the local native insect fare.   :yes:

C8287350-E9DC-4A6E-A184-06C05301B311.png