Bought some land

Geno C

Well after more then a year of being in the market for land i bought some in Otsego Coutny. Its not a whole lot of land, its 12 acres but it feels like the right 12 acres.

Natural funnels, more then 350 feet of creek running through, field for food plots, more then a dozen apple trees (making fruit), great deer sign on the land. I would have bought bigger but i did not want a bank note and i bought this one out right so 12 acres will have to suffice.

im pumped to finally own something thats mine and its not a bad drive at all 3.5 hour drive and excited to start doing some hinge cutting, food plots, planting and so on. i know i have bugged a few on here for some time while i was looking but the search is over lol

Edited by Geno C

What town in otsego did you end up in? I live right on the fringe of Otsego. I may be able to point you in the right direction should you need any info. & congrats on the property purchase ! & actually lately some big bucks have been coming out of otsego county.

Congrats Geno, we are neighbors. Mine is a 3.5 hour drive for me as well and I'm in Otsego county, close to Deleware county as well. My property is 40 acres, but sounds very similar in terms of land layout. I'm loaded up with apple trees and I also have a stream that cuts through the entire length of my property and have couple plots as well. If you dont mind me asking, what town is the property in? Let me know once your ready for food plots, I can steer you in the right direction to get all your supplies...i.e fertilizer, seeds, lime, tractor/Bulldozer sales or rentals etc...that is assuming you are in close proximity to where Iam. Be ready to see some big bodied deer that will make those island deer look like german shepards....lol..No offense to you island hunters..Good luck with the land....no other feeling like hunting on your own piece.

Congrats Geno, we are neighbors. Mine is a 3.5 hour drive for me as well and I'm in Otsego county, close to Deleware county as well. My property is 40 acres, but sounds very similar in terms of land layout. I'm loaded up with apple trees and I also have a stream that cuts through the entire length of my property and have couple plots as well. If you dont mind me asking, what town is the property in? Let me know once your ready for food plots, I can steer you in the right direction to get all your supplies...i.e fertilizer, seeds, lime, tractor/Bulldozer sales or rentals etc...that is assuming you are in close proximity to where Iam. Be ready to see some big bodied deer that will make those island deer look like german shepards....lol..No offense to you island hunters..Good luck with the land....no other feeling like hunting on your own piece.

thank you thats exactly the kind of help ill be needing lol. ive been looking up and getting cals on rental places for some equipment for food plots and making some clearings... we will def have to keep in touch, spring will come quick.. i am in the town of pittsfield right near New Berlin. oh and by the way, the deer up thee better have some big bodies cause 200lbders are very common on the island lol

Gino congrats on the property in Otsego county., i have 15 acres in otsego county as well right off route 51 and route 8. good deer hunting up thereagain good luck !.

i think your very close to me... iam also. what town are you?