Some Marines are in trouble

I saw in the news that some U.S Marines are in trouble for peeing on some dead Taliban and that made some people upset and that the Marines may now be in trouble for desecrating a corpse. Really ? Doesn't the corpse have to be human first ? These soldiers shouldn't make a video and send it out I agree but they could face jail time ? I don't get it.

Gotta disagree. We are all human, however evil some actions are (plenty going on even here in the USA), and I believe this nation should lead by example. If it were the other side doing that it would be World War 3. Nobody is above the law, not police, not marines. Always keep in mind nobody chooses where they are born. We are fortunate to be born in this great Country.

I wouldn't put them in Jail, but definitely make an example and discharge. Gotta have honor even in times of war.

• Like 1

A country that treats it's heros like that obviously doesn't appreciate... or has forgotten what these guys have personally done for it. Our government has the ability to make things dissapear or appear as if things never happened the way they did. It should have used some of that in this case.

Gotta disagree. We are all human, however evil some actions are (plenty going on even here in the USA), and I believe this nation should lead by example. If it were the other side doing that it would be World War 3.

So cutting people's heads off on video and posting it on the Internet isn't far worse? How about the guerilla style war they are waging in the first place? Roadside bombs hidden in trash, etc etc. The list of attrocities the other side has committed could go on for a long time. I just don't see the comparison.

Pretty funny how they teach in schools and colleges around the country about moral realitivism and then when they go out and practice it on Wallstreet and in the military they want to throw them in jail.I guess they want there pie and eat it to. Oh Yeah piss on the Taliban there lucky we aren't stuffing there rotting corpses with pork products. :spiteful:

Yeah.. they were told they could riddle them with bullets and bombs to kill them but you can't take a piss on them after wards...lol... I'd wonder if the public understands what those dead taliban soldiers put the marines through prior to being killed... maybe some folks ought to walk in the boots of a soldier before judging their behavior in a war situation. I may not condone the actions of the marines but I think I understand... maybe make them peel a few thousand potatoes, but jail time?.. thats ridiculous!

I guess we should just lower our morals and ethics to the level of our enemy . I always thought The Greatest Nation on Earth held higher standards than others !

Point well taken.. but I still don't think this rises to the level of jailing war time Marines... disciplinary action yes.. there still should be a greater standard held by our soldiers....

• Like 1

Yeah.. they were told they could riddle them with bullets and bombs to kill them but you can't take a piss on them after wards...lol... I'd wonder if the public understands what those dead taliban soldiers put the marines through prior to being killed... maybe some folks ought to walk in the boots of a soldier before judging their behavior in a war situation. I may not condone the actions of the marines but I think I understand... maybe make them peel a few thousand potatoes, but jail time?.. thats ridiculous!

That's exactly how I feel as well.

agree 100%!!

Seeing I don't much care how ppl view my opinions I'll say this...Fasteddie is beyond right...That being said..

War is a nasty rotten dirty business...brought about by power hungery manipulative bastards that real don't care..... for they do the damage and step back afar and watch the devistaion...no consequences ...and this is on BOTH sides....I just want you to step back and put these comments on the reverse...ppl in the middle east seeing their dead countrymen being pissed on and saying...pretty much...THE EXACT same things you are....These soldiers don't need jail time they need mental health help....rules of war ....words on paper only... if not adheired to by someone...now they were put there to protect the living soldier imprisoned...yes these men were dead...but crap like this doesn't help the liveing americans that are on foreign soil fighting...period!

Pretty funny how they teach in schools and colleges around the country about moral realitivism and then when they go out and practice it on Wallstreet and in the military they want to throw them in jail.I guess they want there pie and eat it to. Oh Yeah piss on the Taliban there lucky we aren't stuffing there rotting corpses with pork products. :spiteful:

The marines are guilty of not doing this. It supposedly worked for the Russians and General Pershing. I thought marines were supposed to rip off heads and crap down throats. Where is the outrage against Obama and Billary on this? Bush, Rumsfeld would be crucified. Oh wait that's right, Obama is asking for more money today. Can anyone say diversion?

Edited by ELMER J. FUDD
  • Like 2

The marines are guilty of not doing this. It supposedly worked for the Russians and General Pershing. I thought marines were supposed to rip of heads and crap down throats. Where is the outrage against Obama and Billary on this? Bush, Rumsfeld would be crucified. Oh wait that's right, Obama is asking for more money today. Can anyone say diversion?

Ooh be careful Elmer, don't bash barry, they'll slap your peepee.

FYI

STATEMENT FROM THE COMMANDANT OF THE MARINE CORPS

HEADQUARTERS MARINE CORPS (Jan. 12, 2012) -

"I have viewed an internet video that depicts Marines desecrating several dead Taliban in Afghanistan.

I want to be clear and unambiguous, the behavior depicted in the video is wholly inconsistent with the high standards of conduct and warrior ethos that we have demonstrated throughout our history. Accor...dingly, late yesterday I requested that the Naval Criminal Investigative Service pull together a team of their very best agents and immediately assign them responsibility to thoroughly investigate every aspect of the filmed event. Additionally, I am assigning a Marine General Officer and senior attorney, both with extensive combat experience, to head up an internal Preliminary Inquiry into the matter. Once the investigation and Preliminary Inquiry are complete and the facts have been determined, then the Marine Corps will take the appropriate next steps. Rest assured that the institution of the Marine Corps will not rest until the allegations and the events surrounding them have been resolved. We remain fully committed to upholding the Geneva Convention, the Laws of War, and our own core values."

The STATEMENT FROM THE COMMANDANT OF THE MARINE CORPS is BS. I would love to have his explain the behavior of the Armed forces after their landing on D-Day. Ask him what was done to German captives during our advance. They were advancing and not able to readily takie prisoners. They were executed. No press, no poor public opinin. German sniper in a French church?. the church, the block and anyone close was taken out during the artillery barage. There is only one way to win and that is to beat them into submission. We did that in WW2 but have yet to do it since. Korea...Vietnam...and every 2 bit hell hole since. The press is there now and the American public doesn't have the stomach for what it takes to win. You can hide behind all to "we are better than that" and "morality" you want but we will remain targets and more will happen on our soil until they understand there is no measure we won't take to win.

This is war. Until there is a realization by our enemies that they will be hunted down and killed at all cost, that the destruction will be beyond their understanding, that no target or area will be safe, that none of their family of friends are safe, we will NOT we be able to defeat the enemy....any enemy.

• Like 4

The Taliban has been more than brutal in the treatment of our troops and civilians. Hacking up bodys, burning bodys, televised beheadings.. etc....I think we ARE leading by example when our troops only piss on dead Taliban, who were killed while trying to kill our troops.

The military cant condone this (because of PC) so slap them on the wrists and move on.

• Like 1