Ammo

Buckmaster7600

4 minutes ago, johnplav said:

Good to know... I honestly don't remember the last time I was at a bar 

That’s the tasting bar downstairs , no tasting now though .... just growler refills . There’s also a blood orange cranberry cream ale that’s pretty good ,I’m getting some for Xmas . As well as a chocolate something scotch ale if that’s your thing .

Edited by Nomad
  • Like 1

Anyone know where I can find 30/40 Krag, 8mm-06 Ackley Improved or European spec 8X57IS ammo on any shelves?

I must be a glutton for punishment because my next 3 project rifles are 7X57, 257 Roberts Ackley Improved and 8X68S! 

Edited by wildcat junkie
  • Like 1

On 12/19/2020 at 8:26 PM, Chef said:

This is a non issue.... you have seen the makeup of the Supreme Court ?

Cases can take years to wind their way to the supreme court, if actually ever. In the meantime the damage has been done.

I don't necessarily consider the current makeup of the supreme court guaranteed to be gun friendly.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, rachunter said:

My problem has been finding primers.I have 4000 rounds of 9mm bullets coming in this week,but that's it for pistol primers.I'm on a few list but they never have them when I get the email.

Is this the type of pistol primer you are looking for ?  This is a friend of mine that is an FFL . I happened to look on his Gunbroker account to look for a pistol for my sister. Noticed he had pistol primers for sale .  A block of 3000  Remington primers and a block of 5000  Wolf pistol primers. 

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/887464572

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/887466340

1 hour ago, SportsmanNH said:

Is this the type of pistol primer you are looking for ?  This is a friend of mine that is an FFL . I happened to look on his Gunbroker account to look for a pistol for my sister. Noticed he had pistol primers for sale .  A block of 3000  Remington primers and a block of 5000  Wolf pistol primers. 

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/887464572

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/887466340

I'm i reading that right $600 for 3000 primers?

You guys might be interested in seeing this.....it's from the CEO of Federal Ammunition.

CEO of Hornady posted a similar video within hours of this one. It seems they are all doing the best they can. 7 million new gun owners in 2020 x 100 rounds each (conservative estimate) is 700,000,000 more rounds needed in the marketplace. No way they can keep up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4 hours ago, rachunter said:

I'm i reading that right $600 for 3000 primers?

I didn't realize it was an auction  with a " buy It now " for $595 . I just saw the $495 and looks like $20 for shipping . I dont reload so I have no idea how much components cost . There are no bids with over 2 days left . I was just passing the info along when I saw the primers . And you mentioned needing primers . 

• Thanks 1

I didn't realize it was an auction  with a " buy It now " for $595 . I just saw the $495 and looks like $20 for shipping . I dont reload so I have no idea how much components cost . There are no bids with over 2 days left . I was just passing the info along when I saw the primers . And you mentioned needing primers . 
.20/primer yeah GFY thief

#ThankYouForLessOverzealousModding #WeDemandUnlimitedLikes
#WeDemandADislikeButton

• Like 1

Last year at this time I was buying 9mm in bulk for .09$ a round. Supply and demand can be a beautiful thing if you have the supply!

Oh absolutely! Primers tops should be .03/ not 20 cents a piece for shit wolf. Those should be a penny a pop

#WeDemandADislikeButton

• Like 1

So those videos from the ammo exec's.... They're saying that, not only has production not slowed, but that it's ramped up to try to meet this demand... And I can appreciate the part about a few million new gun owners in the market buying ammo... Along with panic buying and hoarding... but you'd think that you'd see some, or at least hear reports that ammo has been seen in stores. That doesn't seem to be the case though. From what people are posting on here, for the most part, common calibers are near impossible to find. Store shelves are consistently empty. I've been in stores where shelves that used to have ammo have been repurposed for other items. Whenever I ask the staff, they just shake their head. So here's my question, and I'm not a conspiracy guy, so I don't think there is any cover up nonsense going on. But if manufacturers have ramped up production for almost an entire year now, but store shelves have remained empty, where's it all going? New owners will only need so much.. 

• Like 1

Gander in Hamburg had a good supply of waterfowl loads on Sunday when I was there, if anyone is looking.

Thanks for the heads-up.....I was gonna head over tomorrow. Need some for late season geese....gonna give it a go for the first time with a buddy who is very experienced.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Oh absolutely! Primers tops should be .03/ not 20 cents a piece for shit wolf. Those should be a penny a pop

#WeDemandADislikeButton

I’m just glad I horded both ammo and components long before this started.

Everyone told me I was crazy when I spend 6000$ in a morning between 3 Walmart’s when they quit selling handgun ammo.

• Like 1

I’m just glad I hordes both ammo and components long before this started.

Everyone told me I was crazy when I spend 6000$ in a morning between 3 Walmart’s when they quit selling handgun ammo.

Man 6k on ammo. Should have put it towards reloading components you'd have 20k worth of ammo

#WeDemandADislikeButton

I’m just glad I horded both ammo and components long before this started.

6000....or you ment 600??

Weren't you the one picked up alot for your buddies....so the 6000 wasn't totally out of your pocket?

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Not when I was buying 9, 40, 45, 380 and .223for .04$ a round.

Nah definitely with .223 at .04 a pop that's almost as cheap as the per primer cost

#WeDemandADislikeButton