Ammo

Buckmaster7600

On 12/21/2020 at 1:02 PM, wildcat junkie said:

Anyone know where I can find 30/40 Krag, 8mm-06 Ackley Improved or European spec 8X57IS ammo on any shelves?

I must be a glutton for punishment because my next 3 project rifles are 7X57, 257 Roberts Ackley Improved and 8X68S! 

There was a few 30/40 at Double L in Arkport last week. 

On 12/21/2020 at 1:02 PM, wildcat junkie said:

Anyone know where I can find 30/40 Krag, 8mm-06 Ackley Improved or European spec 8X57IS ammo on any shelves?

I must be a glutton for punishment because my next 3 project rifles are 7X57, 257 Roberts Ackley Improved and 8X68S! 

I have  a case of S&B 8x57IS, good stuff, euro specs, not watered down.

I need Federal 215 rifle primers. 

Also Swift A frames, 375 in 300 gr., Nosler 375 in 300gr solids, woodliegh 375 in 300 gr solids.

Bullets I can sort of find, primers more important at the moment.

I'll work at pre stupid honest pricing trade on both ends.

Go for the 8x68 for sure. Could be one of the best overall, any game, any where cartridges ever designed. 

1 hour ago, Nomad said:

Good read . It is funny though , when they say “ there is no supply problem, it’s a demand problem .” What ?  When suppliers can’t meet the demand  , that’s a supply problem .

https://www.gunsandammo.com/editorial/2020-ammo-shortage/387068

I know someone at Nosler, shared a camp with him.

Here's their problem, the demographics of their production area has shifted with a huge influx of Californians.

No one wants to work a factory job, they can't find the skilled shift work required, and expansion costs millions and takes years, and someone still has to monitor the machines.

But housing prices have skyrocketed, driving away workforce to cheaper pastures.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Dinsdale said:

Here's their problem, the demographics of their production area has shifted with a huge influx of Californians.

No one wants to work a factory job, they can't find the skilled shift work required, and expansion costs millions and takes years, and someone still has to monitor the machines.

But housing prices have skyrocketed, driving away workforce to cheaper pastures.

Not surprising, skilled  labor in any profession  has been on the decline for years. 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Dinsdale said:

Aka the “ Californiacation “ of a state .

4 hours ago, sbuff said:

Even my local.shops are now carrying 9mm for 28 bucks when its in stock. 

Unfortunately that’s a good price now .

Buds has 1000 rounds of 9mm ball for $700 or $35 a box , I almost bought one last night .

On 12/30/2020 at 2:43 PM, Robhuntandfish said:

got an alert email from Buds gun shop today they have 30/30 hornady ammo again.  More expensive but i did get 2 boxes to restock.  Just need some 12 g Hornady SST 300 grain and i am set again.  

There was a big pile of those slugs at bass pro in auburn this afternoon. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I took stock of my inventory a few days ago. I have enough in each caliber/gauge to last a few years if I'm conservative with it. Based on that, I'm going to try to ride this out in the hopes that at some point ammo is readily available again and these prices also return to normal. Hopefully that won't take 4 years..

3 minutes ago, Bolt action said:

I took stock of my inventory a few days ago. I have enough in each caliber/gauge to last a few years if I'm conservative with it. Based on that, I'm going to try to ride this out in the hopes that at some point ammo is readily available again and these prices also return to normal. Hopefully that won't take 4 years..

you mean like when the 22LR returned to the pricing it was before the shortages? lol

I think the last time I bought 9mm it was around 20 cents a round a couple years back. I have a bunch but since I just picked up a new 9mm I will want to be shooting it. I hate to even think what they want for it now if you can find it!!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Fletch said:

I think the last time I bought 9mm it was around 20 cents a round a couple years back. I have a bunch but since I just picked up a new 9mm I will want to be shooting it. I hate to even think what they want for it now if you can find it!!

Oh you can find it ,I got 1000 rounds coming in a couple days , to add to the few thousand I already have , but these were close to seventy cents a round . Just like buying stock ,dollar cost averaging. One of Biden’s anti gun things is no internet sales of ammo, if that passes,you think the local shelves are bare now ,just wait ! 

• Like 2

On 1/5/2021 at 8:13 PM, Nomad said:

Oh you can find it ,I got 1000 rounds coming in a couple days , to add to the few thousand I already have , but these were close to seventy cents a round . Just like buying stock ,dollar cost averaging. One of Biden’s anti gun things is no internet sales of ammo, if that passes,you think the local shelves are bare now ,just wait ! 

Yeh, its there but have to forget the prices of pre covid and think ahead to buy for when nothing is available.

Edited by suburbanfarmer