Vaccination

7 minutes ago, left field said:

So you wouldn't take it if you caught covid?

I dont recall saying that . It would depend how I felt . I dont run to the doctors everytime I get the sniffles . I understand that getting sick and letting the body's immune system do its thing is part of being a human. I think this is a great option for people who have a comprised immune system and will have trouble fighting it alone . Just like the vaccine is a viable option for high risk people (fat,old,diabetic,etc.) 

Edited by Jeremy K

I don't think you did either, so I should have rephrased that.

Like most guys, I deal with the pain or issues myself. But as I get older, and see many friends brush off that little pain as nothing only to find out it's cancer, I tend to spend a little more time at the doctor's office these days. In the last two years, I have lost my wife's brother and his wife and a stepsister in now in hospice, all due to cancer.

You have a vaccine that looks pretty good against a potentially lethal airborne disease? Lay it on me. Flu shot? Okay. Shingles vaccine? Yes please. 

I ingest so much shit on a daily basis where I truly have no idea what's inside. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, left field said:

I don't think you did either, so I should have rephrased that.

Like most guys, I deal with the pain or issues myself. But as I get older, and see many friends brush off that little pain as nothing only to find out it's cancer, I tend to spend a little more time at the doctor's office these days. In the last two years, I have lost my wife's brother and his wife and a stepsister in now in hospice, all due to cancer.

You have a vaccine that looks pretty good against a potentially lethal airborne disease? Lay it on me. Flu shot? Okay. Shingles vaccine? Yes please. 

I ingest so much shit on a daily basis where I truly have no idea what's inside. 

As far as the other health risks,  I see the doctor twice a year ,a full physical and a 6 month checkup, both times he does a full blood panel. Its actually cool to see the changes in my diet and how they change the numbers around.

33 minutes ago, left field said:

There's a lot of power in good fresh food. 

Having a colonoscopy on Monday and eating low fibre white food for a few days and not having a good time.

Im closing in fast on my first ,he always asks if I've had one yet and my age so it's right around the corner for sure.

2 hours ago, Jeremy K said:

Im closing in fast on my first ,he always asks if I've had one yet and my age so it's right around the corner for sure.

When I booked my first one, I was also having a throat issue so the doctor said, "No problem, when you're under we can give you a 'double header' and get you from both ends," then he laughed a little too strangely. 

I found a new doctor soon after that.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Jeremy K said:

Be sure to ask the dr to keep an eye out for your wife’s wedding ring ! I ask every time 

• Like 1

I think all of those result can be obtained via a blood draw these days….butt to each your own! They also have non contact and oral thermometers these days…your body your choice…just saying!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Exactly. A finger in the cooly is super old school

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

4 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Finger ? That’s checking prostrate , which is way worse then colonoscopies.  Colonoscopy is a six foot hose thing , the blood work version  doesn’t get everything , my Dr.s wife died in her 40s from one of the things it doesn’t pick up . Age, family history,previous polyps all come into play .

It’s the most nothing procedure there is lay down, go to sleep, wake up go home .

• Like 1

Finger ? That’s checking prostrate , which is way worse then colonoscopies.  Colonoscopy is a six foot hose thing , the blood work version  doesn’t get everything , my Dr.s wife died in her 40s from one of the things it doesn’t pick up . Age, family history,previous polyps all come into play .
It’s the most nothing procedure there is lay down, go to sleep, wake up go home .

Yea. My wife gets colonoscopies because of health issues and family history.

I just meant the finger prostate check for men is super old school and unnecessary

The prostate thing is a little different these days. I just saw a new doctor for a physical and he said that they don't do PSA tests any more or manually check for an enlarged prostate. Instead they just wait for signs - frequent or weak urination - and go from there. 

• Like 1

On 11/6/2021 at 8:57 AM, Biz-R-OWorld said:

How  did we go from vax to finger in the cooly comments  lol  

I guess i missed alot since the last time i checked in . :)

• Haha 2

14 hours ago, phantom said:

How  did we go from vax to finger in the cooly comments  lol  

I guess i missed alot since the last time i checked in . :)

Apparently it's no longer a finger in the cooly. I thought I had a fun Wednesday afternoon at the doctors office lined up for myself. Not any more I guess. 

• Like 1

Apparently it's no longer a finger in the cooly. I thought I had a fun Wednesday afternoon at the doctors office lined up for myself. Not any more I guess. 

Finally someone in WNY with a doctor up to date on their stuff

9 minutes ago, fasteddie said:

The wife and I went to get our Covid Booster Shots this afternoon . Had to fill out a bit of paperwork . I was surprised that there was only male & female boxes to check . What happened to the other 55 gender choices ? :taunt:

Good for you on the booster! Fingers crossed that one day there will be a fitting gender box for you. 

• Haha 1

Well, that was a bust. 

Five days of fibre free food then a day of water and laxative. Was in the city so I got up early to drive three hours to Oneonta. Stripped, prepped, IV in only to have my insurance provider deny the procedure at the last minute due to a code issue.

All dressed up and nowhere to go.

3 hours ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Fun Fact - the FDA scientists voted 16-2 against the booster shot for anyone under 65. But Biden approved it and is marketing it anyway.

I hope the rumor about Gavin is just that.