2021 Out of State Hunts

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Nebraska bucks

The midwest will be calling in November. My hunting partner and I simply waited too long to go past Ohio. It took both of us tagging out early here in NY to spur a no-plan trip and it was epic. I didn

Shot 3 nice animals.  Moose and antelope pics are not in computer yet. My sheep.   

Posted Images

I would love to see the video of you watching him watch a Cow walk on the last day with his still virgin Matthews cause she has no bone

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I didn’t apply for cow tag. Bull only.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
11 hours ago, crappyice said:

I would love to see the video of you watching him watch a Cow walk on the last day with his still virgin Matthews cause she has no bone

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had to do that in Ontario, no cow tag. She went literally THROUGH the stand I was in that was built across several aspen trees, walked out to 15 yards and stood broadside looking at me

• Haha 1
I am 15 years or so in, started in my mid 20s.
They f ucked us good when they allowed unlimited bonus points to be purchased..
I still apply however the odds are now terrible.
When you hit 60+ and 30+ points in you get it automatically so nbd. Stick with it

#ThankYouForLessOverzealousModding #WeDemandUnlimitedLikes
#WeDemandADislikeButton

11 minutes ago, Trial153 said:
12 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:
How did you see your points?

They show up on the bottom of your application page under your information..

10 minutes ago, Robhuntandfish said:

It was on the confirmation page.

thanks. i checked the email and it says 1 bonus points. which i assume is from last year and makes sense.

Looks like you guys can get a guaranteed permit if you move to maine once over 65 years old and have 30pts lol.

• Like 1
thanks. i checked the email and it says 1 bonus points. which i assume is from last year and makes sense.
Looks like you guys can get a guaranteed permit if you move to maine once over 65 years old and have 30pts lol.
Yes the tag comes when you put a down payment on used single wide.
2 minutes ago, Trial153 said:
3 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Yes the tag comes when you put a down payment on used single wide.

Smart move! I'll just take residence with @Bionic for my 65th bday

• Like 1
43 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Or if you total the most points of everyone.  So can't wait to gut and quarter a 1000 pound moose for my 75th and last birthday. Lol

Just a reminder. If you apply for a cow tag in Maine you increase your chances by I think 40%. You can possibly trade them for bull tags(plus cash). OMM outfitters did all that for me. I did the 10 chances for $55 and hit on year 3. I was told unit 3 is the best but anything 1 - 6 is good. Got my bull in unit 6. That was 2019 so I gotta do bonus points only for I think 1 more year. Coolest thing I ever did in my life. Can't wait to go back, might do a bear hunt up there too

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

• Like 4
  • 2 weeks later...
On 12/28/2020 at 2:46 PM, Trial153 said:

First two weeks of October should find me with an elk tag in Montana, as I have about an 80% chance of drawing a tag I been putting in for

Which unit ?  

17 minutes ago, Trial153 said:
14 hours ago, TLR said:
Which unit ?  

I don't mention units on line

If Montana's out fitters and guides,get their way diy hunting for non residents,is no longer going to be possible  and with the current anti public lands  billionaire govonor I'm pretty sure they will get what they want 

And my bad I forgot everything about Montana is super duper secret especially the elk hunting   

Looks like we are going to go to pa 1st week of bow.   4 of us planned so far.  Theres a huge chunk just over the border and a camp ground close by we are talking about staying at.  Nice thing is it's only 1.5hrs away so we can always make a weekend trip of it if we dont fill a tag during that 4 or 5 days we are down there.  

Also since it's so close  we are planning on taking 1 weekend in the summer maybe this spring before everything starts to green up to do a scouting trip to get a couple spots picked out so we arent going in completley blind.

We did talk about ohio but not knowing with covid we are taking the safe bet and just going to pa and maybe the following year do ohio.

Edited by Swamp_bucks
  • Like 1
If Montana's out fitters and guides,get their way diy hunting for non residents,is no longer going to be possible  and with the current anti public lands  billionaire govonor I'm pretty sure they will get what they want 
And my bad I forgot everything about Montana is super duper secret especially the elk hunting   
The Bill's in montana, AZ and number of states suck this year. Total freaking bullshit. Outfitter and landowner welfare. Nothing more, almost uniallerly proposed by Republicans also. They love their welfare too.

It doesn't take much to blow up a unit for NR, some I'll timed comments and next thing you know it's taking way more points to draw.