2cb3ec4ac0f28015f05039c2b7e2d37b.jpg3db73f3f0284826216aaf97b2f2de605.jpg

My brother bought a house in Dutchess recently. 3G unit. I went there Monday and saw this buck rub. My dad went yesterday and found a fresh shed at the rub.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 8
  • 2 weeks later...

4 miles and nothing to be found...walked up on two different “family groups “ of deer ...no horns but no balls seen for confirmation of dropped antlers. May need to head for some preserves I know that do not allow hunting to see what’s still walking around

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

So, this is pretty cool...On the hike yesterday when I found the sheds, I got pics of a buck still holding onto one side of his shed antlers. I think he might be the buck that dropped one of the sheds I found. His antler looks pretty similar to coloration and symetry to one of the ones that I found...and he was in the general area of the direction where the fresh tracks were going.  

DSC01620.JPG

DSC01616.JPG

• Like 16
10 hours ago, suburbanfarmer said:

@phade

You are one lucky man to be in a such a target rich area.

The harder I work the luckier I get. We plotted three acres of brassicas, wheats, etc. in this spot. I doubt these would be where they were without the added food. If anything I was lucky because my hunting partner couldn't make it at the last minute, LOL!

Edited by phade
  • Like 2