WTB Side by side or over under shotgun

I’d like to purchase a side by side or over under shotgun. I’m interested in all calibers. Would prefer screw in chokes, but will entertain fixed. Don’t want to spend a ton but interested in seeing what’s out there. I do have some things to trade but open to cash sales as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don’t have a brand in mind really. I have my grandfather’s old barn gun (side by side) that I don’t feel comfortable shooting. I used to have a Stoeger side by side 12 gauge, with 26” bbls and screw in chokes that I liked but I traded it off years ago.

I don’t want to spend a ton as it will only be the occasional walking partner on strolls out back, etc.

I have a few side by sides. None are for sale . My beater gun is a stoeger coachman 20 guage fixed chokes . Improved/modified.  Double triggers. Bought  cheap many years ago . Its my bunny/grouse gun. I have better guns .. much more expensive.   That old stoeger is my go too. They can be had cheap...They are nothing to brag on . Doesnt hurt much to get a scratch or ding. Stoeger  makes the uplander which fits the bill of your request . They come  in at $500 or so .

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Nytracker said:

I have a few side by sides. None are for sale . My beater gun is a stoeger coachman 20 guage fixed chokes . Improved/modified.  Double triggers. Bought  cheap many years ago . Its my bunny/grouse gun. I have better guns .. much more expensive.   That old stoeger is my go too. They can be had cheap...They are nothing to brag on . Doesnt hurt much to get a scratch or ding. Stoeger  makes the uplander which fits the bill of your request . They come  in at $500 or so .

I use an old 16 gauge J Steven's for the same duty, choked I/C and mod.  It is not a pretty gun, but it gets the job done.

My grandad left me two doubles, that and a 1925 12 gauge Ithaca.  The Ithaca is prettier, longer, and lighter.  I used it for a couple seasons on a trap league.  The guys with the over and unders always got a kick out of it.  I always told them that if God wanted them to use a gun like that, He would have put their eyes that way (over and under).

After I got a real trap gun, I still used it for one round per season, when our team would have a "double" round.  On my second last bird, 20 years ago, the main spring busted, and neither barrel would fire.  A buddy on the team had a slightly newer Ithaca double, that he said was known as the "new Ithaca design".  I think there was an "NID" in the serial number.

My old Ithaca is a mantle piece now:

20210206_131320.jpg

Edited by wolc123
  • Like 6

Over the last 50 years, nearly all of my  upland hunting ( grouse, woodcock, pheasants, rabbits)  has been done with  double barrel guns....Side x sides in 20, 28, and .410  and a Browning o/u.....Also killed a bunch of ducks with the 20  sxs back in the lead shot days and I still use my Citori 12 gauge  for ducks and geese with steel shot at times...

For most of my waterfowl hunting nowadays, and nearly all of my turkey hunting, I use gas semi autos......

• Like 1

I have a citori and it’s sweet . 
Love my gran prix sporter. Points great super soft, balanced quite nicely. Need to get some tubes so I can drop it down to 20 & 410

#ThankYouForLessOverzealousModding #WeDemandUnlimitedLikes
#WeDemandADislikeButton

It looks like CZ USA only has 2 dealers per state . I looked up Penn , NH , and NY . Each  state had 2 . Type the state in and it lists the authorized gun shop dealers name , address and phone number . Try calling a few of them . One of them might have what you are looking for in stock. 

I dont know where you are from so here is the " Find A Dealer " lookup page.   The CZ's are nice looking guns and look like a fair price for new ones. The CZ Bobwhite looks nice for $675

https://cz-usa.com/dealers/locate-a-dealer/

Edited by SportsmanNH

6 hours ago, onlybrowning said:

Just an update of sorts...I’ve been looking for a CZ Bobwhite in 20 gauge. Thought I found one in stock online. Added it to the cart and it says out of stock now. If anyone happens to stumble upon one, please let me know.

Damn near impossible to find anything right now. I have had the best luck on GunBroker.com since the shutdown crap started. A local shop may be able to find one at a distributor.