LIVE From The Woods 2021 Stories And Pictures Let's Have Em!

grampy

I’m so it’s time for me to put today’s hunt on paper..

Got in at noon. Did a buck bomb when I got to my stand. At just before 2 I start getting hits on my cell cam which is about 180 yards or so down wind from where I am at. I then look and see this pic. Not so interested in the buck in the foreground but the guy in the background is a bruiser.99d814760c9188533866121f2a58ef76.jpg

About 15 min go by and I notice some movement in the brush about 100 yards out moving parallel to me. I then see a giant rack and see he isn’t coming my way. I hit the grunt tube and he trots in my direction but stops at about 50 when he notices the other buck my target buck. They kind of stare at eachother and scrape the ground. My target buck moves so he is broadside at about 35 but his vitals are covered by a tree. I grunt again to try and get him to move but instead this much bigger buck that I have never see before kind of pushes him out and takes his place in that exact spot. He seems to be stating to come out from behind the tree. I raise the x bow and he stops. Still covered. I hear crunching coming from my other side and notice that he does too. He is staring where the noise is coming from not moving At all. I slowly turn my head fully expecting to see a 3rd buck… but I don’t I see another hunter with his climber on his back headed right at us. I hit the grunt tube louder trying to get his attention. It doesn’t work but the deer is still locked on him… I’m now waving my off side arm trying shoe him away but he’s not seeing it.. I grunt again louder and it works it gets the hunters attention. He turns to leave and as he does the buck takes off the other way not giving me a shot

What a cool awesome and sad day

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Exciting day. Sucks it was ruined. That's the weird beauty of bowhunting, one step forward or back and you may get a shot.

Do you use buck bomb to attract or just as cover scent? Always looking for new things to waste my money on

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Few more pics at the kill site. I started to hear grunting and commotion to my left and saw a buck darting in and out of the woods and field edge 80 yards away. 15 minutes later the big doe walks out feeding in the field, the smaller 6 comes out just watching her, both are 20 yards away. Not a minute goes by and the bigger buck comes out from my right where two scrapes are located. His ears were pinned back and he was lookin to fight. Once he hit my opening i let one fly. He ran 15 yards and tumbled. First deer from the ground and its pretty awesome. Me nephew is learning quick and held the light as we gutted, he is 10 and rearing to go. 

2079E02F-719F-49BA-8D48-9D1AAEB96C95.jpeg

EC182E69-0FAB-4C92-8E5A-FDD5D2FE166F.jpeg

C54C2750-D91A-4756-92F6-0AA1063D38C8.jpeg

• Like 42

4 hours ago, phade said:

Day 2 in Ohio. Mornings great, cold and deer moving. PMs, hot as balls and we’ve been adjusting to try to get on deer in in daylight. Temp hit 64 yesterday and today truck read 69 degrees at 1. Mornings have had hard frosts that last til 9ish.

This morning I had a great chase sequence but I pretty much was a spectator. It was the mad dash and nothing going to stop them. Really nice buck, about 40 yards out. Heard him in thick brush and got ready. Saw what looked like a one year old doe head into that thicket from opposite direction and she shot out of there with him in tow. He ran up by my partner and he could hear the deer but never laid eyes on him. Several other does this AM but none acted rutty. I think it’s still early here.

We are both in a bottom of a valley bowl this PM. It definitely is cooler down here but scent will be an issue. With PMs being so hot and slow for us we are gambling. Temps look phenomenal…after we leave.

Had to put phone in pocket. A two year old 8 just came by going uphill at an angle. By the other tree we picked but didn’t put a stand in. At least I’ve seen a deer now in the PM.

Me too.  Been here since Saturday.  Other than one chase sequence on Sunday afternoon, you'd never know it's that time of year.  It was cold Saturday and Sunday.  All day.  But little activity.   Oddly enough, I have moved to the bottoms as well.  Nothing seems to be up high.  With the rugged terrain I am in, I am opting for the ground until further notice.  Good luck.

Edited by LetEmGrow

Aren’t you an English teacher or perhaps “except” during hunting season.  Kidding you Bro.  I will be back at it as soon as time permits this week.  Still time to get it done. I just hate blowing opportunities   Only so many come along   

I am a good english teacher butt my student except that they must due as eye say and knot as aye due….I appreciate ewe dewing the same!

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, crappyice said:

I am a good english teacher butt my student except that they must due as eye say and knot as aye due….I appreciate ewe dewing the same!

Will due.  Or is it dew?

Edited by moog5050

29 minutes ago, SpacemanSpiff said:

Few more pics at the kill site. I started to hear grunting and commotion to my left and saw a buck darting in and out of the woods and field edge 80 yards away. 15 minutes later the big doe walks out feeding in the field, the smaller 6 comes out just watching her, both are 20 yards away. Not a minute goes by and the bigger buck comes out from my right where two scrapes are located. His ears were pinned back and he was lookin to fight. Once he hit my opening i let one fly. He ran 15 yards and tumbled. First deer from the ground and its pretty awesome. Me nephew is learning quick and held the light as we gutted, he is 10 and rearing to go. 

2079E02F-719F-49BA-8D48-9D1AAEB96C95.jpeg

EC182E69-0FAB-4C92-8E5A-FDD5D2FE166F.jpeg

C54C2750-D91A-4756-92F6-0AA1063D38C8.jpeg

Congrats. Keep posting pictures of that big 6 @crappyice may start getting a little to excited. Lol.

• Like 1

No shots, but saw two shooters on the way out about 100 yards from where I was sitting. Getting closer! I think it's finally picking up. Just in time for the magical day of Nov 10th !
Buck up in that area again in the AM.

Yup, around home it’s always been the 10th for me as well and the 18th up north.

My daughter really got me good when she decided to come 2 month’s early on nov. 10th. While she was younger my brother killed 5 or 6 bucks while I was doing birthday shenanigans on her birthday.

• Like 2

Congrats spaceman and jerkman!

Jerk I’m curious, did you know he was a half rack or was it an unpleasant surprise when you found him?

That was Chef who got the half rack.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

• Like 2

One more lesson, that big buck that hit the scrape will return 45 min after you leave to taunt you.  So funny.  Wish I could hunt tomorrow. He is seeking hard. 

Funny how they do that! I’ve got a buck taunting me too. Last three sits for him I’ve had to watch him under one of the tree stands I’m not in and then the following day I get day light photos of him walking by the stand I was in. All I can do is laugh. Hopefully one of these days we get a chance to launch an arrow and settle the score

• Like 1

Jerk I’m curious, did you know he was a half rack or was it an unpleasant surprise when you found him?

I can’t stop laughing. Jerkman is Chef or Chef is Jerkman?!? Next you’ll say it was 1.5!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • Like 1

I knew it and don’t find it to be unpleasant at all.. shows the guy is a warrior as if you look at the base you can see where it is scabbing over

• Like 2