New Gov, Full inclusion???

Gobbler Chaser

You’re the type of guy who says somebody shot “MY”deer.

Don’t flatter yourself buddy, you have no idea what type of guy I am. The fact that you can’t discern that person or group of people can be principled without being selfish speaks more about you than me.
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Trial153 said:

Don’t flatter yourself buddy, you have no idea what type of guy I am. The fact that you can’t discern that person or group of people can be principled without being selfish speaks more about you than me.

I don’t want to know what type of guy you are .When a group of sportsman fight against other sportsman and impose their own personal views ,and to try and eliminate beneficial means of harvest for all hunters ,then that says all I need to know about you .I’m all for having your own opinion ,but your “group” does nothing to help hunters as a whole .Your group is most likely nothing but wanna be elitist bow hunters .

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I don’t want to know what type of guy you are .When a group of sportsman fight against other sportsman and impose their own personal views ,and to try and eliminate beneficial means of harvest for all hunters ,then that says all I need to know about you .I’m all for having your own opinion ,but your “group” does nothing to help hunters as a whole .Your group is most likely nothing but wanna be elitist bow hunters .

Preserving archery season is something worthwhile. If your a bow hunter you’d understand that. If your not a bow hunter than you have the same opportunity as everyone else to experience it if you took the time and effort to experience it. The elephant in the room is that Archery season is open to anyone that wants to participate. All they need is a bow hunters safety card and bow. That doesn’t sound all that elitist to me.
There is already a season for hunter as a whole. It’s called the regular reason. We aren’t undermining that in the least.
Maybe some self introspection on your part is needed, because it’s sounds like your one trying impose your views on others.
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Trial153 said:

Preserving archery season is something worthwhile. If your a bow hunter you’d understand that. If your not a bow hunter than you have the same opportunity as everyone else to experience it if you took the time and effort to experience it. The elephant in the room is that Archery season is open to anyone that wants to participate. All they need is a bow hunters safety card and bow. That doesn’t sound all that elitist to me.
There is already a season for hunter as a whole. It’s called the regular reason. We aren’t undermining that in the least.
Maybe some self introspection on your part is needed, because it’s sounds like your one trying impose your views on others.

Appreciate the response .As far as preserving,I can see if it’s long bow or recurve ,but I don’t feel compound should be in a category on its own .

Honestly ,there won’t be much difference if we went full inclusion.I don’t think there will be a huge spike in hunter numbers going into the woods.Our numbers are dwindling .The woods I hunt won’t be affected one way or another if they allow cross bow all season .

We should be fighting for as many tools as possible to use .Not fighting against it .

• Like 4

1 hour ago, WNYTRPR said:

Appreciate the response .As far as preserving,I can see if it’s long bow or recurve ,but I don’t feel compound should be in a category on its own .

Honestly ,there won’t be much difference if we went full inclusion.I don’t think there will be a huge spike in hunter numbers going into the woods.Our numbers are dwindling .The woods I hunt won’t be affected one way or another if they allow cross bow all season .

We should be fighting for as many tools as possible to use .Not fighting against it .

Exactly and anyone that fights others from enjoying the woods at the same time are the ones with the insecurities. But I guess for some the facts show in the Archery Harvest posts. Afraid of that competition that might get their big buck ya know. 

• Like 2

On 8/11/2021 at 11:43 AM, Jeremy K said:

Cuomo was all set to allow crossgun all season and the establishment said "not so fast" . Bow hunters all over the state rallied together to find some ladies willing to testify against him and the rest is history . Enjoy your two weeks. LOL

Thats funny right there!:rofl:

On 8/12/2021 at 9:14 PM, WNYTRPR said:

I realized a long time ago that sportsman/hunters as a group are everything that a group shouldn't be. I've pretty much givin up on full inclusion after what I've seen from our so called fellow sportsman,lol.  

• Like 3

On 8/12/2021 at 9:14 PM, WNYTRPR said:

Ever since "special seasons" were established, groups of hunters have always fought other groups of hunters from infringing on those special seasons. That is why we don't have firearms involved with bow seasons (mostly). And don't be assuming what bowhunters do or don't do as far as supporting all hunting. I don't know a lot of bowhunters who do not participate in gun season as well, and a lot are involved in the current crossbow season. Just because someone is interested in maintaining the integrity of a particular special season doesn't mean that they don't support other means of hunting. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Doc said:

Ever since "special seasons" were established, groups of hunters have always fought other groups of hunters from infringing on those special seasons. That is why we don't have firearms involved with bow seasons (mostly). And don't be assuming what bowhunters do or don't do as far as supporting all hunting. I don't know a lot of bowhunters who do not participate in gun season as well, and a lot are involved in the current crossbow season. Just because someone is interested in maintaining the integrity of a particular special season doesn't mean that they don't support other means of hunting. 

I really think full inclusion of CB wouldn't effect the integrity of bow season in any way. Just can't imagine how it would. I don't even get too charged up by early season bow hunting because I just don't care for the warmer weather, but I do know of several older guys who prefer warmer weather and can only hunt with a crossbow who would greatly benefit from a Oct 1 CB opener

• Like 4

10 hours ago, Gobbler Chaser said:

I really think full inclusion of CB wouldn't effect the integrity of bow season in any way. Just can't imagine how it would. I don't even get too charged up by early season bow hunting because I just don't care for the warmer weather, but I do know of several older guys who prefer warmer weather and can only hunt with a crossbow who would greatly benefit from a Oct 1 CB opener

The only impacts that I see is the continued additional precedents that are being set that says, "anything you don't know what to do with can be crammed into bow season". With technology being ever increasing in hunting implements, I see bow season evolving into things that we can't even yet imagine.

I see the crossbow argument for those who are getting older and more infirm (As I am too) eventually becoming an argument for firearms inclusion. Exactly the same argument could be used  for firearms too.

What bothers me is that every new inclusion is a precedent for the next. History bears this out with compounds now leading to crossbows. What will crossbows lead to? That's the question we have to ask.

41 minutes ago, Doc said:

The only impacts that I see is the continued additional precedents that are being set that says, "anything you don't know what to do with can be crammed into bow season". With technology being ever increasing in hunting implements, I see bow season evolving into things that we can't even yet imagine.

I see the crossbow argument for those who are getting older and more infirm (As I am too) eventually becoming an argument for firearms inclusion. Exactly the same argument could be used  for firearms too.

What bothers me is that every new inclusion is a precedent for the next. History bears this out with compounds now leading to crossbows. What will crossbows lead to? That's the question we have to ask.

I don't know, maybe your right and ten yrs down the road we'll have hunters wanting to use airbows

6 hours ago, Gobbler Chaser said:

I don't know, maybe your right and ten yrs down the road we'll have hunters wanting to use airbows

Airbows and who knows what all they may come up with. I have heard arguments for inclusion of muzzleloaders. Actually they already overlap in the Northern Zone now don't they?

26 minutes ago, Culvercreek hunt club said:

They do in the NZ for a week as well as the late season in SZ

And guess what. It hurts absolutely nothing. People are happy hunting and in the woods. Only a complete idiot would fight against anything that would get more sportsmen and women In the woods in today’s world.  These idiot democrats might just take away all your hunting and then what. Oh yeah. There is always private high fence hunts.  Enjoy!

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Four Seasons said:

And guess what. It hurts absolutely nothing. People are happy hunting and in the woods. Only a complete idiot would fight against anything that would get more sportsmen and women In the woods in today’s world.  These idiot democrats might just take away all your hunting and then what. Oh yeah. There is always private high fence hunts.  Enjoy!

I've hunted both areas in both seasons with both implements. I never once felt like my hunt was impacted negatively based on what others were choosing to do.  

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Culvercreek hunt club said:

I've hunted both areas in both seasons with both implements. I never once felt like my hunt was impacted negatively based on what others were choosing to do.  

As most would find.  Even all those pesky Bowhunters having to share their woods with the Xbow guys. 

3 hours ago, Just Lucky said:

Bow hunters are sharing their woods now with more crossbow hunters than they are aware of.

You got that right. I know of many and I mean many that use them on their own properties. I blame them not for twisting that law when at their age it’s either do that or don’t hunt. Have at it fellas. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, Four Seasons said:

You got that right. I know of many and I mean many that use them on their own properties. I blame them not for twisting that law when at their age it’s either do that or don’t hunt. Have at it fellas. 

Its there land, they pay for it. Not my business.  

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Culvercreek hunt club said:

So, exactly why do we have all these special seasons? Why not just have a deer hunting season where you use whatever you want. Perhaps that is the solution to all the controversy.

Seeing how crossbow and bait is  such a  popular  topic on all these forums I wonder how many actually follow the regulations  now .  Especially on private land . Probably going on anyway so maybe  regulations  should be changed or in forced better . Just saying looks like everyone  wants easy hunting these days .   

Edited by phantom

4 minutes ago, phantom said:

Seeing how crossbow and bait is  such a  popular  topic on all these forums I wonder how many actually follow the regulations  now .  Especially on private land . Probably going on anyway so maybe  regulations  should be changed or in forced better . Just saying looks like everyone  wants easy hunting these days .   

What's easy hunting?