Come Jan 1st

WNYTRPR

5 minutes ago, WNYTRPR said:

I’ll be putting in my vacation for 2 weeks in early November for the rut .Too soon ?May grab a PA and OH tag in case I get bored or tag out early here .

IMO Ohio trails 7-10 days behind NY in rut related activity. Just FYI. 

Just now, mlammerhirt said:

If you don't mind me asking.....where are you hunting in PA?

Sent from my SM-A716V using Tapatalk

30-40 miles north of Pittsburgh, in and around Morraine state park. We have a cabin at the park reserved . 

We have no idea what the hunting is going to be like, but  shall find out. ;)

• Like 2

We had to pick all our furloughs for the year, in the November preceding it . By seniority with only a certain number of each rank off at a time , about the time I could get opening day, I got promoted and back to the bottom lol .

2 hours ago, ncountry said:

Nice! I have a cabin booked for 7 days, starting 10/29 in PA. We will finish up our 2 week trip back in NY. 

It will be the 1st year we have tried another state for whitetail.

Very smart move. Sad to see a place get destroyed by lack of management.               I bet that holiday hunt will turn things around. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Moho81 said:

Wow, I only have to have my time off in 2 weeks in advance of the vacation and even that is more of a suggestion. As long as I'm not screwing a job over I could pretty much take a week off without warning. 

There's a few times my boss has got a txt shortly after me leaving work saying I think I should hunt tomorrow(after checking weather).I get the (good luck) with a thumbs up.need to start planning an actual rutcation

• Like 1