Bank of America Tells Gun Manufacturer McMillan Firearms “We no Longer Want Your Business”

Greetings feelow New York Hunters

I feel everyone needs to be aware of this. This is what happens when a GOVT bails out a private company - they gain ownership stake.

McMillan Firearms had a meeting the other day with Bank of America where they were told that they need to find another bank because Bank of America will no longer doe business with McMillan because of political pressure.

http://fromthetrench...-business/14090

if you care to then you can go to McMillan's Facebook page to learn more

http://www.facebook....upInternational

I spent quite a bit of time on this story this morning and I have no reason to believe McMillan is lying.

Good Bless!

*** UPDATE *****

This is a good interview with McMillan

Edited by LetEmGrow

I have products from both company. Not much choice with the BOA loan on my Tacoma. It will be paid off as soon as possible, politics or not.

Then, I'll avoid all contact with them.

McMillan will continue to get my business whenever possible.

This from a ...IMO... a predatory lending institution.....I had an account with them...one year I payed off a 700 00 and change.... credit card bill at the beginning of DEC...they did an electronic withdraw from my checking to the tune of 7,000.00 + dollars...I had checks at X-mas time bouncing all over the east coast....6 hrs of phone calls I finally got to management and they tried to keep our money..saying.."ppl going overseas routinely pay in advance on their cards"...besides you made the mistake...Really ? I demanded under the law to get the copy of my check or we'd be in court for a lot more that the 6,000 + thousand they taken from us and gave him 10 mins to fax it to me...I had it in 5...Clearly showing I had not made the mistake...then cut my card for them to hear...Then went to town on Marine Midland for doing an illegal transfer....I'd never signed permission for an electronic transfer...We now have on record that checks can't be payed with electronic transfers at our banks.....Oh boy does that tick places off..... BOA then did the same thing to our daughter in Georgia...trying to keep her money as well... :angry: Bad Bad company

McMillan's description of the conversation says that BOA made the change for 'political reasons'. Are you assuming that 'political reasons' means that the government is putting pressure on BOA? There were hundreds and hundreds of banks that received bailout money. Is there a pattern of any of these other banks making similar changes? I wonder if 'political reasons' is really referring to what the company feels is the general consensus of their customers- maybe they're just trying to pander to what they think is becoming a more pro-gun-control public.

I dropped BOA several years ago . Couple of double charges that was their mistake and got fed up wasting time straightening things out . Every once in a while I get mail from them offering a credit card . I tear up the notices , stick it in their envelope and send it back to them .

I have products from both company. Not much choice with the BOA loan on my Tacoma. It will be paid off as soon as possible, politics or not.

Then, I'll avoid all contact with them.

McMillan will continue to get my business whenever possible.

Just wait until BOA finds out I SOMETIMES carry a gun in my truck.......EeeeGADS!

• Like 1

McMillan's description of the conversation says that BOA made the change for 'political reasons'. Are you assuming that 'political reasons' means that the government is putting pressure on BOA? There were hundreds and hundreds of banks that received bailout money. Is there a pattern of any of these other banks making similar changes? I wonder if 'political reasons' is really referring to what the company feels is the general consensus of their customers- maybe they're just trying to pander to what they think is becoming a more pro-gun-control public.

Really virgil?.. Here you go again... man you have a terrible case of liberal thought disease... as for a pro gun control public... do some homework and you'll find that gun ownership has spiked in the last 4 years... and they said political pressure, not political reasons.. two different things.

Really virgil?.. Here you go again... man you have a terrible case of liberal thought disease... as for a pro gun control public... do some homework and you'll find that gun ownership has spiked in the last 4 years... and they said political pressure, not political reasons.. two different things.

I don't have any disease. I just like to consider all sides of an issue before forming an opinion. If you're comfortable jumping to conclusions or taking the same position on all issues, that's your business. Not sure why you're so threatened by 'thought'. Maybe it is true that gun ownership has increased over the past few years. But, that doesn't mean that the public in general is not more pro gun-control than pro-gun.

so what the issue. If I no longer want to have a business with a mfg it up to me to cancel the arrangement. they did so what..

.It must be in the dark of night that this is a left wing plot to take your guns away...

Right, President Obama spent billions of dollars bailing out hundreds of banks just to stick it to gun owners. Keeping the country from spiralling into a depression was just a lucky side benefit.