The Nuge explodes

fasteddie

My judgement is just fine. I don't blindly follow anyone and if someone purports to be my spokesperson I have every right to use my own judgement in evaluating their character.

Nugent has gotten a free pass on character flaws that are so deep that it defies explanation.

You know who sets the tone for influencing people in our communities in regard to gun ownership and acceptance of ourselves as hunters. We do! By our respect and decency not by turning that responsibility over to someone who causes us way more harm than good. If we align with him we all look like fools. Most of us work to hard to earn the respect of people from all walks of life with many differing view points to lose our own credibility aligning with someone they immediately don't respect.

If there are so many of us who find him damaging, what is the liklihood that he is seen in a positive light by the rest of the general public?

• Like 1

OMG....You are using the "Anything anti-Nugie is anti-gun" argument.

OMG ...... you're right! If the shoe fits ..... wear it. Your attitude sure sounds like it fits perfectly. I've already explained the way I feel about those that attack our advocates. It may be uncomfortable for you to hear, but it has to be said.

What I find fascinating in one sense and disturbing in the other is that the guy is a self confessed Draft Dodger, has 8 children with five different women, has had documented child support issues, has been unfaithful to his current wife,has committed two known game law infractions and because he is pro gun ownership and doesn't hesitate to tell people where to go he is the "answer" as it relates to who our spokesman should be.

I say BS,no freaking way do I want this person to pretend to speak on my behalf! If he was a pro gun control advocate most sportsman would be tearing apart his credibility as they should, but so many of us turn a blind eye to it. What am I missing here? Why does he get a pass on all of this?

I personally think he is an embarrassment to us and has more than likely turned more people away from supporting our interests than he has drawn to supporting our interests.

I find the idea that anyone who speaks on something should be perfect to be completely silly and unrealistic. Everyone makes mistakes, and most of us make alot of them. Maybe you should step out of your glass house before you start throwing stones my friend.

• Like 2

I am glad we have him on our side, yet he is not the best rep... Plain and simple... With all the hollywood types, PETA, Gun controls and politician against us, it is nice to have someone with us, even if he is a little off.

We have very little in so far as good OUTSPOKEN representation for hunters with celebrities and or outspoken individuals. The best thing I like about him is he stirs the pot... And makes for good Blog posts, lol... I question his morals yet from what I have seen of him hunting, he represents hunters well on his shows... Does he represent us all, NO. Yet he is outspoken and stands up for us when NO other person will. Would any of you threaten our president in any way publicly? He did to wake up the voters and took the heat for it. He has a golden set of you know what thats for sure...

Represent yourself as a hunter and leave Ted to fight for our 2nd ammendment, Amen to that!!!

I find the idea that anyone who speaks on something should be perfect to be completely silly and unrealistic. Everyone makes mistakes, and most of us make alot of them. Maybe you should step out of your glass house before you start throwing stones my friend.

This is the way these threads typically go. The whole your not perfect either vibe. I'm not, not even close but I am also not a self appointed leader in the area of gun rights and our hunting heritage. If you want to have a leader with his past and present that is your perogative. I personally expect more from the people I am going to endorse or support and it has nothing to do with my capacity for forgiveness. This guy's indescretions are many, he is a political and public figure and as such is going to be held in the public eye to much higher standards and face the criticism that comes along with being in that position.

I personally find the guy to be an embarrassment and I want nothing to do with him. I would ask anyone here to demonstrate to me what positive impact he has had with anyone who wasn't pro gun or pro hunting any way.

The notion that no matter what someone has displayed as their character as long as they are advocates of things we support we have an obligation to defend and support them is ridiculous! He is in the process of self destructing, shouting obscenities at an interviewer and a producer while being televised? Is that what mature, responsible people do? I guess for some the only criteria they have for the people they support is how loud and how often they tell someone else to kiss their butt. It has to be a whole lot deeper than that if it is to be meaningful!!

• Like 1

This is the way these threads typically go. The whole your not perfect either vibe. I'm not, not even close but I am also not a self appointed leader in the area of gun rights and our hunting heritage. If you want to have a leader with his past and present that is your perogative. I personally expect more from the people I am going to endorse or support and it has nothing to do with my capacity for forgiveness. This guy's indescretions are many, he is a political and public figure and as such is going to be held in the public eye to much higher standards and face the criticism that comes along with being in that position.

I personally find the guy to be an embarrassment and I want nothing to do with him. I would ask anyone here to demonstrate to me what positive impact he has had with anyone who wasn't pro gun or pro hunting any way.

The notion that no matter what someone has displayed as their character as long as they are advocates of things we support we have an obligation to defend and support them is ridiculous! He is in the process of self destructing, shouting obscenities at an interviewer and a producer while being televised? Is that what mature, responsible people do? I guess for some the only criteria they have for the people they support is how loud and how often they tell someone else to kiss their butt. It has to be a whole lot deeper than that if it is to be meaningful!!

Very well put!

Now why is anyone an al or nothing package? I can disagree with many people on one topic and agree with them on other. I can appreciate how some lead their lives and take great dismay in how others do. I thik whether is is picking friends, politicians or showing support for someone that is speaking up on a topic. It doesn't have to be an all or nothing. If there were a political candiate that was a supporter of social programs but also was a stong supported of 2nd ammendment rights. I can agree with their views on one and not the other. when it comes to throwing my support behind that person I have to weigh wich is most important to me.

Paula hit it o the head with his family issues. they are his and the women he was involved with (and their childrens) issues.

He si speaking up for a topic that many won't take on and is important to me so he, at a minimum, gets my respect for speaking up. Even if I don't like how he sometimes says things. He is at least saying them.

The game law violations....well he sucks in that regards and lost his right to speak in those circles until he does some real pennance.

• Like 4

I'd rather Nugent not say anything at all. His past and his present reveal the very questionable character he really is. By his actions and his motor mouth he gives sportsman, particularly hunters and gun owners a big black eye. Nugent isn't promoting gun rights, Nugent is promoting Nugent.

Listening to Nugent on Ethics and Behavior would be like going to a sex therapy seminar given by Nuns.

Edited by SteveMcD
  • Like 2

Hold on just a second, you said that Nugent is a "self appointed leader in the area of gun rights and our hunting heritage" right? What exactly does that mean? Hes not a leader of anything but a rock and roll band. Hes not my spokesman, nor yours, he speaks for HIMSELF. Thats it. If you dont agree with his message, then attack that. His personal life is none of your business, and none of mine. Hes not any kind of god except maybe in his own mind. Hes just another HUMAN, like you and me. Why would you EVER think that he would be or should be perfect?

Why does everything have to be PC or sanitized to be a valid thought or idea? Why are you so hell bent on personally attacking someone rather than address the message they are trying to convey?

• Like 1

How do you know that? And, if you're correct, then why is he constantly doing interviews about all this stuff? It's not because of his music. It's because he's generally viewed as representing gun owners and hunters.