Hunting??...Or, Not.....??

Early

Have you been caught up in this "Thy shall not judge" movement. I tell my grandkids..."You damn well better judge everybody/everything you see. If you don't, the bad could sneak up on you!" For you to suggest that everything new is GOOD is just wrong!

You spawned? Damn. Nothing like raising them to trust no one, assume that everyone is out to get you, and have a crap outlook on life. Good job. I wish you were my son's teacher. He actually talked to a stranger the other day! Can you believe it? Luckily I was able to rescue him, and he came away only slightly traumatized.

I never said that everything new is good. Compounds were new once, along with in - line muzzleloaders, and smokeless powder.

If someone is acting appropriately in the woods, who are we to condemn them based simply on what they wear or the gun they shoot? News flash - most of us hunters sneak around in the woods wearing camo & carrying guns, and I bet more than a few of us carry at least one piece of gear we don't need {me included}. To any outsider who wanted to see us negatively, or someone who is uninformed, we could all be perceived as creeps playing army. For you to actually teach your grandkids to judge everyone / everything, is sick. It's a perfect example of how hypocritical liberals are.

• Like 1

I never said that everything new is good. Compounds were new once, along with in - line muzzleloaders, and smokeless powder.

If someone is acting appropriately in the woods, who are we to condemn them based simply on what they wear or the gun they shoot? News flash - most of us hunters sneak around in the woods wearing camo & carrying guns, and I bet more than a few of us carry at least one piece of gear we don't need {me included}. To any outsider who wanted to see us negatively, or someone who is uninformed, we could all be perceived as creeps playing army. For you to actually teach your grandkids to judge everyone / everything, is sick. It's a perfect example of how hypocritical liberals are.

I carry some crazy horrible new contraption called a "sell-you-law" device into the woods. Something Daniel Boone never even heard of so he certainly couldn't approve of it.

• Like 1

Explain, please.......??? How does my being a traditionalist make me an idiot? Your unsubstantiated comment makes you a ............... Well, I think you know!

Question: Are you an AR, Play Soldier type of hunter?

The age range of my small hunting fraternity is 60 - 80. Not one among us would go into the deer woods with a guy dressed in full camo and toting any of the black, tactical weapons. And, if/when we encounter such a character...we turn and go the othe way, fast!

The image of hunters in America is tarnished enough by outside comments/criticism. We do not need to add to that negative image by going hunting dressed/looking like GI Joe.

You're just prejudice against black rifles. Rifle racist.

• Like 2

#1 - All hunting rifles are built off of military rifles, dont beleive me look it up! A

" traditional " muzzleoading lock or cap is responsible for just as many

dead humans as the modern military copies.

# 2 - The most popular rounds were once or currentlly military rounds.( 30/06, 308,

223, 338, ect.

#3 - You are only allowed 5 rounds in a hunting rifle in N.Y. Earl of lee. so your

snobish attituted is not tword the amount of rounds one can put down range

but the appearance of the gun. And yes an AR 15 type weapon is a hunting

weapon.

#4 I have a remington 750 semi auto in 30/06 that is black and I dress in head to

toe camo with blaze orange vest and sneek through the woods and never once

has anyone ever accused me of playing army. :ph34r:

OK so I shot my only catskill 4 pt buck with my 308 H & K model 91 semi auto w/5 round clip. I did forget to put on the face paint and that was the last time I used this gun for deer hunting. I did not have the army camo I had real tree. I did hunt with this gun for several years due to loving the over under sight. While I do not fit the profile exaclty, I am sure you would have put me in this catagory due to the weapon...

I guese I should sell the gun because it's no longer for hunting, sell all my camo, don't ever hunt with a bow in camo because I might be considered a military guy(They use ghillie suits too...) Then I will have to go out and purchase a red or green colored wool hunting jacket to fit you ideal of a hunter. So much for encouraging returning vets from hunting.

Personaly I could care less what any person is wearing or using as a weapon.(As long as it's legal.) I personaly do not judge a book by its cover, especially when hunting! I judge a person by his or her actions. I do not care if a person is white black green or purple, I base how I judge them by how they act, treat others, themselves, and how they respect nature and the animals they hunt. Judging a person by the fact that they use a "black weapon" and use some tactical tools is just stupid. Guese we should tell all the vets NO hunting unless you conform to what we think you should wear.

Now due to this post, I must stop hunting w/bow in full camo, sell all my "black" weapons and camo and go buy a wool red hunting jacket, and I have to judge everyone before I get to know them based on what they wore that day...

OMG I hope I do not get that closed minded when I hit your age...

• Like 3

Just paint those "black rifles" a happy color. What anti could bash a hot pink AR. Throw a peace sign on the stock and you're all set. LOL

Actually, Ants, the City of San Francisco has a city militia group called the San Fran Rump Rangers. They carry pink M-16s but instead of shooting bullets they squirt hot yogurt.

• Like 1