Looks like the Columbus Day Youth season is on!

Buckstopshere

Now that you mention the whole problem killing deer in warm weather, it got me thinking, if it takes about 6 days to age a deer at 34*, does that mean it'll age twice as fast at 68*?......just curious, because heat has never been an issue before the youth hunt.

It shouldn't be an issue. It took me about an hour and a half this morning to get this doe skinned, quartered, boned out and washed down. Unfortunately, my family butcher shop isn't running now so I had to ice down the meat and put it in the fridge.

Edited by WNY Bowhunter

OMG...you've been busy while I was away...lets recap

I mention...an opinion that kids may not find the warm weather after the shot experience pleasant and it takes off into..

I'm against the YH due to warm weather......It's brainless to even phantom the idea...I was made into argument when it was a simple observation.... a simple statement... and for all this who made it such an issue?...Hahaha...lets not forget one very true color that came out....

Posted Today, 10:28 AM

So you would rather open gun season even earlier during the rut? wow makes sense now, I better get on the phone with DEC and tell them to meet with you.

..by the way they called me and e-mailed me...legislator that is...and a surprising # of unselfish bow hunters had suggested the same thing...Imagine that!

So for all this foolishness...one thing I hope came through...All you mentors out there...make sure to call processors ahead of time...freeze water...buy game bags...plenty of wipes and make sure those kids know well in advance there is going to be tad unpleasant smell...something long time hunters forget...

By the way thats you doing the gutting and all....not a kid learning to...but hey I grew up different...you kill it you clean it

Edited by growalot

"So for all this foolishness...one thing I hope came through...All you mentors out there...make sure to call processors ahead of time...freeze water...buy game bags...plenty of wipes and make sure those kids know well in advance there is going to be tad unpleasant smell...something long time hunters forget..."

Now that's what I call the important stuff...real stuff the kids will have to deal with. I hope the deer processors are all on board so that the successful Yutes will be able to enjoy eating and enjoy their first deer kill...now that's important. I worry about a mentor and successful young hunter with a dead deer, warm temps and no where to go!

Now that's what I call the important stuff...real stuff the kids will have to deal with. I hope the deer processors are all on board so that the successful Yutes will be able to enjoy eating and enjoy their first deer kill...now that's important. I worry about a mentor and successful young hunter with a dead deer, warm temps and no where to go!

Since Bow is open I am betting the processors will be open. Always good to call and check though. Some of those guys go in and out of business from year to year.

I remember one year in late ml in December of 91 I believe it was, I shot a doe at 65 degrees. I was in a tshirt hunting. After I shot it I cleaned it. I do not remember it being any worse than on a cold day. Deer was skinned and iced a hour later and cut up that evening. I am still alive. Kind of some lame excuses to keep everyone out of the woods and the having to wear bo I find hilarious. And grow once again please find any post I have put out that says I am against BO please. You will find them that say I am against mandatory orange. I have said this at least 5 times and 3 to you that I know of. The funny part is some of those who argued for mandatory bo are crying now they will have to wear it during archery. I once again contend if it saves lives and deer do not see it, you should be wearing it anyway even if there in no youth season. That is what I find hypocritical and just another lame reason against the youth season. Oh and by the way I am aware I am an instructor, and I have an opinion which by the way mirrors the DEC stand.

Bubba I'll make you a deal...you show me where I said you said you're against BO and I'll look to see if you said it

.I know you have some affliction to blaze.

World English Dictionary affliction (əˈflɪkʃən) — n 1. a condition of great distress, pain, or suffering 2.

something responsible for physical or mental suffering, such as a disease, grief, etc

This is something you exhibit every time mandatory Blaze comes close to a discussion

Edited by growalot

Grow did you consider the consequences of opening gun during peak rut and what that could do to the deer population in unstable areas?

My true colors would be that I am for promoting and furthering our sport in whatever way possible instead of coming up with silly reasons to say no to an idea, like temperature. So just what do all of the nay sayers do to promote hunting to the youth of our state?

"Now that you mention the whole problem killing deer in warm weather, it got me thinking, if it takes about 6 days to age a deer at 34*, does that mean it'll age twice as fast at 68*?......just curious, because heat has never been an issue before the youth hunt.".... I'm a little disappointed that everyone missed the humor in my last post, or is that nobody reads the entire post's before responding?

I say screw the little sissies let them learn the way I did. I killed my first deer on the farm at 13 years old during a blazing snow storm!! My old man gave me a single shot 12 Ga.and one slug sat me next to a big oak and told me not to move until he got back!! 4 hours later a 6 point walked out I shot him and forgot all about how freakin cold I was!! That was 45 years ago and I'm still freazing my azz off and loving every minute of it!! I think these kids are babied way to much!!

Really for we'er talking the youth hunt...not the entire NY gun season hunters here...I'm sure the first time youth hunters would have DEVISTATING impacts on deer #'s ...who's a drama queen now...lol...You altruism under whelms me

I know my post was almost as silly as saying that temperature would effect some ones enjoyment possibilities. Actualy my made up point makes more sense than any jibberish you have spouted today. So one more time, you are ok with a youth season, just not on the weekend we wouldn't have to hunt anyway until this year and if it is too warm the kids can't get the full picture. Ok got it.

Bubba I'll make you a deal...you show me where I said you said you're against BO and I'll look to see if you said it

World English Dictionary affliction (əˈflɪkʃən) — n 1. a condition of great distress, pain, or suffering 2.

something responsible for physical or mental suffering, such as a disease, grief, etc

This is something you exhibit every time mandatory Blaze comes close to a discussion

Theres a difference between being against BO, and being against Mandatory BO. im sure anyone thats been paying attention for the last 3 years knows which Bubba has an issue with.