Tree stand VS Ground Blind

Guns&ReligionCop

I have one and it is easy to set up,not wide enough for bow hunting as said above,not high enough for me, I leave it in one spot on my property.After the 2 nd. year it faded to a redish color,the fiberglass support rods snapped form the weight of the snow.If you intend on moving around and breaking it down,it is not that bad for the price.I myself would buy something taller and wider,if I were to buy another one.

I did a lot of hunting out of hang-ons and climbers back when I was younger. Fortunately I managed to avoid a gravity attack, although I had a couple of close calls. Most of my friends who hunt out of treestands have had at least one fall. I am not nearly as strong, limber, and bulletproof as I once was, and my days of hunting from hang-ons and climbers are over.

My favorite treestand was on my Dad's property. I built it with scrap lumber in a maple on a pinch point in a neck between two woodlots. I called it the world's greatest treestand. I killed perhaps 30 deer from that stand, and a couple of my buddies killed a bunch too. After my Dad died in '94, my Mom sold the property.

Nowadays I have a couple of ladder stands I hunt from. I also have many spots where I sit or stand on the ground or on a log or a stump. Often I just lean against a tree. I have two pop up blinds that I use on occasion, but I use them much more for turkey hunting than deer hunting.

• Like 1

I did a lot of hunting out of hang-ons and climbers back when I was younger. Fortunately I managed to avoid a gravity attack, although I had a couple of close calls. Most of my friends who hunt out of treestands have had at least one fall. I am not nearly as strong, limber, and bulletproof as I once was, and my days of hunting from hang-ons and climbers are over.

My favorite treestand was on my Dad's property. I built it with scrap lumber in a maple on a pinch point in a neck between two woodlots. I called it the world's greatest treestand. I killed perhaps 30 deer from that stand, and a couple of my buddies killed a bunch too. After my Dad died in '94, my Mom sold the property.

Nowadays I have a couple of ladder stands I hunt from. I also have many spots where I sit or stand on the ground or on a log or a stump. Often I just lean against a tree. I have two pop up blinds that I use on occasion, but I use them much more for turkey hunting than deer hunting.

I think that eventually we will all be in that situation but I still have a few years of pretending I'm tarzan aaaaghhhhhh AAGGGGGHHHH!!!

• Like 1

I'm assuming you guys that are hunting from the ground and not using blinds or stands are also not using a bow!

I guess you missed noodles reply that said if can't kill something from the ground you aren't much of a hunter, maybe I'm wrong but that sounds pretentious to me

I posted my post to let you know that I don't hunt out of a treestand or pop-up blind with my bow and 95% of time I hunt in natural blinds on the ground, the other 5% I use a camo cloth in open woods. Yes I am hunting with a bow and have taken many buck just to let you know that it can be done if you hunt the wind and have done your homework. So much for your assuming.

Actually if you are not employing at least 3 of the 4 afore mentioned stand impliments you are selling your self short. All stands have there time and place and none should be shunned as being better or worse than the others. I have hanging stands out, I have trees cleared out for a climber. I have ground blinds made out of brush in several spots and bring clippers with me to make ground blinds on the fly. Pre rut I like to stalk around to different feeding areas. It just depends on whats going on in the woods. Ive even glassed deer in the distance and got out of the stand and went and stalked and shot them. I would think it would be pretty boring doing the same thing over and over again.

Actually if you are not employing at least 3 of the 4 afore mentioned stand impliments you are selling your self short. All stands have there time and place and none should be shunned as being better or worse than the others. I have hanging stands out, I have trees cleared out for a climber. I have ground blinds made out of brush in several spots and bring clippers with me to make ground blinds on the fly. Pre rut I like to stalk around to different feeding areas. It just depends on whats going on in the woods. Ive even glassed deer in the distance and got out of the stand and went and stalked and shot them. I would think it would be pretty boring doing the same thing over and over again.

I agree. Of course in my situation, I don't have a choice. Treestands could be guaranteed and I still couldn't get up in them .... lol.

Totally agree,