Hunting around a Hurricane

DeerLogic

Great question. It will be interesting to see what the answers turn out to be.

I know that animals react to approaching lows, and seem to go on a feeding frenzy before storms. But also, since this one will be a bit of a prolonged event while it is here and will keep critters under cover for a while, there also may be a lot of feeding and other movement that will begin as the storm ends.

So my answer is ..... your guess is as good or better than mine ... lol.

exactly!!!! DL is helping show us now, when the deer are moving. I have been out in the woods all week, and movement is staying pretty much the same. I don't think they have much to worry about with all the acorns. I have seen a lot more Buck Log alerts in the last couple days from Hunt Group members, so I hope this storm doesn't mess with the Rut to much. Big bucks are starting to move, would love for it to stay that way.

prior to the storm hitting, should be lots of feeding and then they will go to heavy cover. I see being inland we are now forecast to get several days of wind in the high 20's and some level of rain. With these type of conditions, they are not for the weak of heart. Like me being in the 70's. I will wait out the storm and then go see if any of my ground blinds are still in the town of Franklin.