What broadheads are you shooting...?

I use the 150 grain Magnus Snuffer. Been using them since 1979 when Roger Rothhaar sent me a box of them. I tried a few others, but have not found a head that leaves a comparable blood trail. I have never experimented with mechanicals, too many horror stories. They have to be touched up on a stone though. I use a diamond stone, course to take the factory burr down and fine to make them scary sharp.

Just got done tuning my bow... using 85 grain tips.  With the limited selection of broadheads in that weight - I'm going with Hammer SST's this year from Wasp!

Come to think about it - the biggest deer I ever shot was with a Wasp broadhead.  The blood trail looked like somebody took a 55 gal drum of red paint and went through the woods dumping it as they walked.  I don't really know why I ever changed heads (new technology probably).

First year using 100gr. Rage 2 blade, prior to that I was using Grim Reapers, which is a very good mechanical as well. Switching to the rage for that 2" cut and I want to see if they perform as well as people say. I used the rage practice head and it flew very true.

I've read a lot of poor reviews on the rage but some people have great results.  If you haven't seen it, I would consider the Redhead Gator XPs - they used to be manufactured by Rocky Mountain before Rage bought them out.  2" cutting diameter and get better online reviews than the rage - also rear deploy but in a slightly different manner.

Rage 2's all the way havn't had a bad thing to say about them yet

I've read a lot of poor reviews on the rage but some people have great results.  If you haven't seen it, I would consider the Redhead Gator XPs - they used to be manufactured by Rocky Mountain before Rage bought them out.  2" cutting diameter and get better online reviews than the rage - also rear deploy but in a slightly different manner.

I checked these out wouldn't these be considered barbed??  Other than that I would give them a try. 

CNY

I'll stick to my muzzy mx-3's. Just not convinced on the bone crushing ability of any expandables. With enough of a helical fletching, the muzzy's fly straight without wandering. I would be interested in hearing about the swhackers though. I see their commercial of them going through plywood on an angle. I know we aren't supposed to hit the shoulder guys but sometimes it happens.

I checked these out wouldn't these be considered barbed??  Other than that I would give them a try. 

CNY

Yea you either love them or hate them - it depends on if you've been burned before I guess.  I think that goes for all broadheads though - I've had poor success with some brands before.

They are not barbed because the blades are on a free swinging pivot and would flip up when you pulled them out. 

CNY

Yea you either love them or hate them - it depends on if you've been burned before I guess.  I think that goes for all broadheads though - I've had poor success with some brands before.

They are not barbed because the blades are on a free swinging pivot and would flip up when you pulled them out.

Ok thats what i was wondering its hard to tell from just a picture... Might give them a try this year, thier on sale online at basspro for 19.99 I believe.  Spend 20 for the replacements for the rages that I already have and try something new for 20 as well I like the way it sounds already lol

Well give me your thoughts...I have been practicing with 100gr field points and this week switch to the broad head elevated practice...I only shoot with 3 arrows...this year I have 3 chooses..all of which I've never shot and how they fly is the deciding factor ..but...I still have to consider a couple of things...one I have always shot 100gr 51# older Hoyt...and never shot mechanical before...I shoot a full length wht tail carbon 40/60 arrow...So what thoughts do you have on these:

1.) Spider 1 1/2" mechanical 100gr

2.) Carbon Express 1 1/8 TriokaST3 100gr fixed

3.)American Broad head 1 1/8  Buckmasters 85gr fixed