what r ya using

ants

A variable scope! Say it isnt so! Hahaha

Yeah, you caught me..Actually, there is a story behind that.

When I bought the Mountain Rifle the gunshop was doing a promotion on Burris scopes. IF I bought a Burris, I got free rings, bases , mounting and boresighting. I wanted a fixed 4X, but Burris did not offer one in blue matte finish, so I compromised and bought the 2-7..I am not sorry, because it's been a good scope, but I still may put a Leupold fixed 4X on it someday, just on principle... I happen to have an extra one in my gun cabinet.

• Like 1

Are you confident you can re-load better than what is on the shelf ? I'm just curious why many people reload, besides saving a few bucks.

Reloading is a hobby in itself. I don't claim that my handloads are any "better" than factory loads, but they are tailored to my individual rifles and I have a lot more combinations of components to try to get the best performance, both accuracy and velocity, out of any individual rifle.

I get a lot of satisfaction from working up a good load and taking game with it.

Of the 3 rifles I hunt with most, 2 have never had a factory load fired in them, and the third had 1 box fired just for barrel break in and to get the brass.

It has been many years since I have taken a game animal with a factory load in my centerfire rifles.

• Like 1

Benjamin Marauder .25 at 2750 psi shooting JSB Exact Kings at 25.4 grains mounted by Leapers 4-16x56mm AO Scope.

Crosman Nitro Venom .177 shooting JSB Exact 8.4 grains mounted by UTG 4-16x40 AO scope.

Savage 93R17 BRJ shooting Hornady XTP 20 grain mounted by UTG 4-16x44 AO scope.

Benjamin Marauder .25 at 2750 psi shooting JSB Exact Kings at 25.4 grains mounted by Leapers 4-16x56mm AO Scope.

Crosman Nitro Venom .177 shooting JSB Exact 8.4 grains mounted by UTG 4-16x40 AO scope.

Savage 93R17 BRJ shooting Hornady XTP 20 grain mounted by UTG 4-16x44 AO scope.

Well, hope you are not shooting deer with those!

Anyway, I will take the old beat up Savage 30-06. With the Leupold. Federal 165 gr. BTSP.

I will have my buddies H&R 45-70 as well, if I am so inclined..

• Like 1

Reloading is a hobby in itself. I don't claim that my handloads are any "better" than factory loads, but they are tailored to my individual rifles and I have a lot more combinations of components to try to get the best performance, both accuracy and velocity, out of any individual rifle.

I get a lot of satisfaction from working up a good load and taking game with it.

Of the 3 rifles I hunt with most, 2 have never had a factory load fired in them, and the third had 1 box fired just for barrel break in and to get the brass.

It has been many years since I have taken a game animal with a factory load in my centerfire rifles.

Well put. I concur 100% with this reply! Handloading for me is a blast. <grin> Working up loads and spending time at the range are things I do in the off season. (Jan-Sept) and keep me off the streets and out of trouble.

The only game I've taken with a CF rifle in the past 20+ years that wasn't with a handload was a buck in PA back in 1997 with, gulp......a 375 H&H.

I have had a lot of enjoyment in the reloading the past year. I am reloading 4 out of the 5 calibers I shoot. Iwas able to take a bear with the -06 reloads and hope this southern opener will have a deer fall to the 308 reloads for my pistol. It is a hobby in itself. I hope Santa brings a chronograph this Christmas.

Marlin 1895 guidegun in -.45-70 gov, or tc encore in 30-06, browning 12g game gun rifled choke tube with brenneke original slugs

How's the 45-70 treating your shoulder and how's it treating the deer? Been thinking of adding the guidegun to my collection as well.

• Like 1

@ Elmo I love it!! one of my friends just bought oneas well.Doesn't kick, have taken wildboar with it , elk , and 12 deer, let friend borrow it for bear(knocked that one dead as well). best gun and caliber for anything in north america under 250 yards. ( i enjoy getting close, big difference from being a good shot or a good hunter)

Edited by G-Man

All matters where I will be.

In Onondaga County using a scoped Ithica Deerslayer II in 20 gauge

Rifle zone Remingtom 7mm mag or the Marlin 30-30 lever both scoped. Need to try the new Hornady lever action ammo.

Might just carry the scoped TC Triumph on stand love this gun.

Actually it said "gun season is next week" which refers to the opening of the gun season for deer in the SZ. Just sayin

I hunt small game with em, so gun season is also next week, matter of fact it's been gun season since sept 1st. But technically, gun season is also next week, for small game.

Just sayin'

Remington 760 pump 30-06 150gr PSP or

Remington 870 wingmaster w/original cantalever barrel 12ga sabot slugs.

I live in a rifle county, so I like using the 30-06, but when I hunt my neighbors land, he doesn't want anyone using rifles, so I use the shotgun. So be it.

All matters where I will be.

In Onondaga County using a scoped Ithica Deerslayer II in 20 gauge

Rifle zone Remingtom 7mm mag or the Marlin 30-30 lever both scoped. Need to try the new Hornady lever action ammo.

Might just carry the scoped TC Triumph on stand love this gun.

Two friends switched to the Hornady leverevelotion stuff a couple of years ago. They both shoot levers ....one a 30-30 and one a 35 Rem. they love it. They have taken bucks with it both years. The friend that uses the 30-30 got one (a nice 8) last year at a little over 100 yards. It went maybe 25 yards. They both say its real accurate at longer ranges, compared to the standard stuff. Not sure what grain bullet they shoot.

Edited by ants