Picture time again...

wooly

Haven't posted any pics in a while. Just starting to run around with the camera again, but most critters seem to be in hibernation lately.

Here's a few from the fall and a couple more recent ones. Spring can't get here fast enough. This first shot is of the lifeless wasteland I've been hiking lately,lol....

large.jpg

large.jpg

large.jpg

large.jpg

large.jpg

large.jpg

large.jpg

large.jpg

large.jpg

• Like 1

i cant see pics... any ideas why? im on a diff computer and this one i ALWAYS can see pics on this site even if i cant see them on the other computer...

Hmmm, not sure. I used my pbase address codes so maybe I did somethin' wrong. They show up on my end.

No biggie- I may have to upload to photobucket, sorry.

Great pictures! How close do you usually try and get when taking pictures of deer?

Thanks Pav! I try to get as close as possible to any animals I'm after. My equipment isn't top of the line, so it has it's limitations.

The muskrat was floating by in the pine needles only about 4ft away from me when I shimmied out on a beaver hut and waited.

The deer, I do best when they're within 20yds. The ones I posted here have been living in the creekbottom across the road from me since they were just spotted fawns. They became real tolerant of my intrusions even through gun season. To this day they don't pay much attention to me and let me get within 10ft of them at times. That's pretty cool to me how they've accepted me,lol.

The chickadee kept coming back and forth to a feeder I put out for them in the goldenrod to attract a variety of birds. Those birds will get too close sometimes landing on me or my gear. That guy was right around 5ft when I shot him.

I guess it all depends on how much time I have to waste, as to how long I'll sit and wait for a closer shot. Some days ya just gotta take what they give ya and try to do your part right with the settings behind the lens.