You Guys gotta read this, Cuomo could be going down!!

this is a long drawn out thread on the NYfirearms forum, but there is breaking news about a major scandal involving Cuomo and the NYSPolice and the Safe Act..... gun owners gotta read this!!

http://www.nyfirearms.com/forums/firearms-news/51725-big-news.html

Edit by Burmjohn: 

Adding some more info, because I think EVERYONE needs to read this.

http://newyorkcityguns.com/?s=bauerle

http://www.ammoland.com/2013/04/new-york-gun-confiscation-underway/#axzz2QNlaUdy6

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Tresmond-Law/149433465214770

(Buffalo, New York) For the record, it is our position that the New York State Police targeted our client, Mr. Lewis, from the outset of their request that his pistol license be suspended. New York State Police officials provided Erie County Clerk Chris Jacobs with our client's name, address, pistol license number, number of handguns owned by Mr. Lewis, and other identifying information that made it clear they were looking for our client. Our client was contacted by the New York State Police. This is not a simple case of mistaken identity. Mr. Lewis's medical privacy was invaded and he was publicly defamed and humiliated by New York State officials. We will file suit shortly.

As many are well aware, our client Mr. Lewis had his pistol license suspended by a New York State Supreme Court Justice at the request of a New York State Police Sergeant. The NYSP official requested the suspension pursuant to the mental health provision of the NY SAFE Act of 2013. Upon our investigation, we determined that Mr. Lewis’s medical records had been examined without a valid search warrant, in clear violation of federal and state privacy laws in addition to the New York State Criminal Procedure Law. On Thursday, April 11th, 2013, New York State Supreme Court Justice M. William Boller reinstated Mr. Lewis’s firearms license. New York State police officials claim they “had the wrong guy”. The evidence tells another story. Mr. Lewis was directly targeted by Sgt. Jackson of the New York State Police and further investigation reveals systemic fourth amendment violations within the New York State government.

Confidential informants from within the New York State government have since come forth with information regarding the creation a clandestine “HIPAA” unit comprised of approximately seven members within the Division for Criminal Justice Services , charged with examining New York residents’ medical records without warrant

• Like 1

So cuomo had a clandestine squad of State Troopers illegally search our medical records thus violating the HIPPA act. His cover is being blown by insiders (nyst) that have the gumption to do the right thing(and the Tresmond Law firm). Many troopers and leo's are now coming forward in opposition to the unSAFE act, they are claiming the unions threatening them to comply. There is a movement within the pba to expose this.

Imagine if every gun owner gave Tresmond Law Firm one dollar to pursue this...

They certainly seem to have grabbed the ball and ran with it.  In the beginning I was skeptical of them but they sure proved me wrong!

Hey Mike, why has no other law firm (that I have seen) gotten involved in the fight?

I'll pony about some cash for Tresmond if/when it is called for.

I'll happily drive to Albany for the next rally rather than take a bus because they will absolutely fill EVERY charter bus in the state and you'll need to secure your own travel.   Anybody have a date (calender, not companion!) for it yet?

They certainly seem to have grabbed the ball and ran with it.  In the beginning I was skeptical of them but they sure proved me wrong!

Hey Mike, why has no other law firm (that I have seen) gotten involved in the fight?

I'll happily drive to Albany for the next rally rather than take a bus because they will absolutely fill EVERY charter bus in the state and you'll need to secure your own travel.   Anybody have a date (calender, not companion!) for it yet?

Tresmond law is accepting donations for this fight right now, write a check for this very good cause guys....

I think many attorneys  will get into this. Violating the constituition has little defense and lawyers love doing slam dunks. It is also a felony to block someones second amendment rights outside the law. Why do you think the occasional sheriff is threatening not to enforce these new laws - LOL, its not for the good of the people, its to cover their own liability. They will enforce if the screws are put to them, but then they can claim they were compelled...

As far as getting money to Tresmond, this would be at the grassroots level, not at the NRA level. Someone would have to set up a website or facebook with a pay pal account. Don't look at me , are you up for it?

Found this.........

"There is an urgent need to fund ongoing efforts by Tresmond Law to pursue this case including a civil rights lawsuit on behalf of David. At present, the best way to donate to the legal defense fund is to mail donation checks payable to “James D. Tresmond” to: James D. Tresmond, 222 Long Avenue, Hamburg, NY 14075. Please note on your check that it is a donation/gift for the defense fund.

Alternative methods to donate via credit card, PayPal are being pursued.
"

When the PayPal is up & running I'll be happy to donate.

Edited by Lawdwaz
  • Like 1

I guess I'll be the last to know since I wouldn't watch or read any of those.

instead you'll get your news from wacko right wing websites? I'm republican and I'll say it's still no better than getting your news from wacko left wing websites. You don't need a license to write on the net. With a paper you can at least assume they've done a little research before they publish a story. usually...

Found this.........

"There is an urgent need to fund ongoing efforts by Tresmond Law to pursue this case including a civil rights lawsuit on behalf of David. At present, the best way to donate to the legal defense fund is to mail donation checks payable to “James D. Tresmond” to: James D. Tresmond, 222 Long Avenue, Hamburg, NY 14075. Please note on your check that it is a donation/gift for the defense fund.

Alternative methods to donate via credit card, PayPal are being pursued. "

When the PayPal is up & running I'll be happy to donate.

astonishing! now someone is trying to make a buck off it too? I'm sure they have only your best interests in mind.

Edited by Belo

yes it's tough to believe info when it's only coming from such sources on the net.  i'm still open minded to it and hopefully the truth gets more exposure sooner than later.  I don't know Tresmond personally or enough about the firm to prove any wrong.  so based on that and what he's fighting for, he's of good character until proven otherwise. in my mind.  The Paypal account or not.