She followed me home..

wooly

Ok guys, today after I killed my turkey I decided to swing by my cams to check the cards. My pack on my back, my gun over one shoulder, and my turkey over the other.... I was anything but quiet on my way out. I was easily a mile or more from home at this point.
When I got to the cam, I bumped 3 deer and watched them run off. Well, untill I opened the cam and looked up to see a deer running right to me! I didn't want to move and scare it so I slipped my pocket cam out and started taking pics with my point and shoot. After a little while, it was obvious this deer wasn't afraid of me. I think when it licked me, that was a dead giveaway,lol. So I got out the Nikon and backed up for a shot or two of her at my trail cam.

large.jpg

Well she was still sticking around so I dropped my pack, gun and turkey and figured I'd get as many shots as I could. She was browsing all around me and would come over to lick my lens and sniff me whenever I moved around. She eventually made her way over to my gun and grabbed my hat nocking my gun over!

large.jpg

I zoomed a bit more than I intended on this shot but it's close enough.

large.jpg

I already had a mess of pics of her so I said goodbye and started to head home again. A few hundred yards later I found a nice log to take some more field photos of my turkey on so I composed the pic and got ready to hop in it. All of a sudden, my little friend comes flying up on me again and wants to be petted. Shortly after that she got in my field photo and became the star of the show!

large.jpg

I messed around with her some more there, and wondered just how far she'd follow me. It didn't take long to realise, she was going home with me! Here she is on the edge of the yard over a mile from where she started following me.

large.jpg

large.jpg

Eventually she made her way over to my "wall of shame" to see all her dead relatives.

large.jpg

Finally she bedded down in the yard after mowing down some dandellions and clover. But the story aint over yet folks! Gotta edit and load more pics..... things are about to get interesting!

large.jpg

• Like 2

I cant help but to wonder if she was released by a wildlife rehabilitator at some point in her earlier youth and is use to humans from being handled.  Clearly she had to have some interaction with humans before......

I cant help but to wonder if she was released by a wildlife rehabilitator at some point in her earlier youth and is use to humans from being handled.  Clearly she had to have some interaction with humans before......

I think you are absolutely right. There's been some form of human interference here, and the deer was kept too long. Now what do you do?

Cool story & Great Pic's got to Love those Nikons mine is 35mm N80 we just bought my daughter a D5100

that camera is amazing & thinking I need to upgrade mine since I have no idea where to get film or even have it developed anymore

I think you are absolutely right. There's been some form of human interference here, and the deer was kept too long. Now what do you do?

Maybe you can lure her right on the BBQ?

Sent from my Droid