Official 2022 Fall Plots Thread

I saw that Rob. I didn't get much rain at all for the first five days after seeding, so I just hope the seed held strong. WTI seed is the best I've tried so I'm confident it will workout. I'm late but I have winter greens and destination to plant on Monday. Weather looks good hope it stays the same until after planting. 

• Like 2

Checked mine yesterday and was kinda saddened lol. Im going to give it a few more days and re check and stop being so worried lol. Feels good to plot again though.. Would have thought to have more germination than i saw yesterday. Todays sun should help. They could have been there and just covered in brown soil kind of hiding them or just starting to pop. I probably should have waited longer to check, but I'm freakin ancy this year! lol. 3" of rain since Tuesday, got another half inch yesterday as i pulled up from a tiny cell.   

15 hours ago, Lomax said:

I have been doing this a while now and learned that patience is a virtue and believe it or not some of the best plot years have been dry ones  

My spring clover was going gang busters. Now it's still green but barely getting by. I am not sure I agree that patience is a virtue haha. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, corydd7 said:

I saw that Rob. I didn't get much rain at all for the first five days after seeding, so I just hope the seed held strong. WTI seed is the best I've tried so I'm confident it will workout. I'm late but I have winter greens and destination to plant on Monday. Weather looks good hope it stays the same until after planting. 

you're not late at all. They say 7/20-8/20 and it hasn't rained anyhow so I think you'll be just fine. 

56 minutes ago, Belo said:

My spring clover was going gang busters. Now it's still green but barely getting by. I am not sure I agree that patience is a virtue haha. 

In terms of clover, patience is a must lol. Slow growing to start and no going during the droughts. lol 

13 minutes ago, LET EM GROW said:

In terms of clover, patience is a must lol. Slow growing to start and no going during the droughts. lol 

you can say that again. it was my first ever plot. It took a long while to get going so I thought I f'd up bad. Then bam it was going great till August. Now ugh... At least I can frost seed it next year without a complete do-over. 

4 minutes ago, Belo said:

you can say that again. it was my first ever plot. It took a long while to get going so I thought I f'd up bad. Then bam it was going great till August. Now ugh... At least I can frost seed it next year without a complete do-over. 

Rains and cooler moist soils this fall will have your clover slamming again. And a mow early to Mid September to control broadleafs and your golden 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, dbHunterNY said:

i never end up getting plots in that aren't ag fields for our farm or one i hunt. works out okay though. just means no staging/kill plots.

I am surrounded by corn and soy as well as apples. My whole goal with plots is some winter stuff and mostly to draw them in to range aka the kill plot. So failure for me is more personal than anything haha.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Belo said:

I am surrounded by corn and soy as well as apples. My whole goal with plots is some winter stuff and mostly to draw them in to range aka the kill plot. So failure for me is more personal than anything haha.

if it means anything the last couple plots i did got hammered to dirt before the season even started. used some antler king honey hole years back and grew great. deer never touched it until after the season. shoulder and standing room only in my small staging plots. helped with inventory that made it through the season i guess. everyone fails in food plotting at some point. lol

• Thanks 1