Be honest....

growalot

your out in the blind or up your tree..trying to relax...then it happens...whats the thing that drives you crazy!!...I ask this because....as I type.... out the window are at least 3 chipmunks giving me a migraine ...then there are dogs...there is one guy not too far away...not far enough...whos dog never barks ALL summer long...come bow season...that dog is non stop from sunrise til 10a.m....and low flying small planes...we are in a fly way.......chimpmunks are the worst though...they just go on and on and on

Last year I had a chipmunk running along a rock wall that was below my stand for an hour.  The little guy finally busts me and instead of running away, he just stands on his back legs and barks at me....for almost 30 minutes straight.  Now this happens as I'm trying to scare him away from 25' up.  I finally broke off a piece of bark and threw it at him to get him to go away.

I've never wanted to fire an arrow at a chipmunk so badly...

And I feel your pain about little planes.  One of the pieces of land I can hunt is directly below the approach run of a small airport.  The planes fly by at 50-75 feet.  It's terrible if you're looking for a peaceful time in the woods.

Edited by Sogaard

most of the season last year, when I'd hunt mornings I'd get to my stand an hour or so before light and the neighbor would start up his walk behind leaf blower and start blowing off his lawn for hours. He must have used a flashlight because it is pitch black when he starts. It doesn't bother the deer but it's messes with my relaxation.

Listening to cars go by, and squirrels screwin around on the ground, ya hear the sheesh sheesh sheesh of the leaves gets the heart goin bows in hand think a deers comin .... Out pops a squirrel, and when they chatter and chase each other , irritating to say the least

• Like 1

Crows......When Sandy hit last year all you heard day in and day out were generators. I got up to camp and thought opening morning would be so peaceful and quite in the woods, nope! The camp down the road didn't turn off their generator until early afternoon, thought I was going to be sick.....lol

• Like 1

Duck hunters!!!  Come first light/ prime time they start blasting away like crazy.  I know it spooks the mature deer.

careful, one time I said the same about squirrel hunters and I think the world was going to come down on me here.

But I will say it's the guy who decides to chainsaw, atv, some loud activity not to far from my stand.

Red squirrels no doubt. Horrible creations.

they are so angry. I wish I could shoot little xanax darts at them.

Edited by Belo

The worst, sorry ladies, is when you feel a blowout coming on...  Just saying, because, climbing down out of a tree then doing a duck walk as far as you can make it while sweat is pouring down your face praying nothing bad happens really, really, really SUCKS.  THEN there is the fear of forgetting the toilet paper all the ways back at your stand or not having any at all.  Been there done that!

• Like 4

red squirrels are the worst!  A close second is other hunters on their cell phone.  2 bow seasons ago in Allegeny state park,I snuck in my tree before sunrise, on stand for 30 min, then hear a phone ring.  Then hear someone say "hello?"  Apparently, it was vince calling, and wondered where this dumb ass was hunting.  DA reported he was all alone, no deer (really???) and they discussed several topics, including where to hunt that evening, and which bar to hit afterwards.  That was when I called out " shut the hell up, say bye to vinny"  Got quiet after that, never did see the guy.

• Like 6