URGENT!!!!!! I NEED HELP ASAP PLEASE. BUCK Stuck with ARROW!

cd32505n

Thank you for all of those trying to help. Anyone else who is saying I am making this up can go themselves. I never said someone was fling arrows at my house. If you saw where I lived you would understand why I know the deer was shot near my property. Also I am not a hunter. When I said the arrow did not look like a hunting arrow I was saying that it did not look heavy enough..  I figured when someone is hunting deer they use arrows that have some weight to them. This looked light more so for archery. 

It could have been a bad shot, deflected, etc etc...   Go call the DEC immediately. 

P.S. don't curse on the forums, thanks! 

cd32505n don't get mad and swear at us, for you lose credability. If you are who you say you are, call the DEC and have them take care of it.

Now since you are new here you have to understand something, we have tons of anti-hunters coming on here with stories just like yours, trying to make us look bad in the public eye.  So needless to say we are weary.

If you are not who you say you are......then move on.

• Like 2

To OP I have to say ...Belo is right....that deer could have traveled a long ways...I've actually seen that here... God only knows where it happened or where he went....It's not a pretty sight so I understand the "frustration"...I myself tried tracking the deer to put it down or see if it died and couldn't find nary a drop of blood....Call the DEC local office and tell them....

Now we as hunters have learned to be skeptical...and some more than others...I understand when posting we sometimes type words...sentences..... that don't quite fit what are minds are thinking and man it is picked up on....letting your frustrations out in the F bomb may not be the best choice as a response...believe me if it were some of my threads would be "blue"...lol...We are not nasty ppl...as a whole...just very particular and have a need to get facts straight...then in all walks of life...some actually think they are funnier than they really are..it is then ....you engage your brain and let it go....Good Luck...I'd like to know what happens with the call....

(sp)

Edited by growalot

Hunters use the same arrows to practice with that they would use to hunt with.  All they do is change the tip of the arrow when they hunt.  Maybe it's one of those kids nerf arrows with the suction cup in the front and it's just stuck to the deer?

Im not sure where the OP lives in PJ, but there are open areas big enough for bow hunting in and around PJ. Bow hunting is legal in areas big enough in Suffolk county, and for the OP to think that someone shot a random arrow into the air by his property and having it land in a bucks back are all too wrong and ridiculous.

I am sorry to hear this, I enjoy hunting but I think most of us agree leaving an animal to suffer is not something we like to hear about.  From the information provided it sounds likely that the animal was shot from above via treestand.  I am not familiar with Port Jefferson hunting opportunities but I know that deer can travel large distances and it is possible that it ventured into hunted private or public land and was shot there.  Also, if there are several deer in Port Jefferson and they have become a problem a nuisance permit may be issued if I am not mistaken in order to control their numbers.  I think your best course of action would be to notify the DEC as other have said.  I think they would be able to answer any questions you have and they would be the best bet for helping the animal perhaps tranquilizers or putting it down. 

I would caution you NOT to help the animal yourself as they can be aggressive especially if it's wounded.  A video was posted this week of 2 hunters who helped a stuck buck and almost got gored for their efforts.

deer do travel far this time of year . he may look like one you have been watching but it may not be . larger deer will push out the younger ones . last year a friend of mine shot a buck and it had an arrow in its back leg .  right thur the meaty front part of the thigh on a down ward angle . he said it was starting to heal around the arrow . he should be ok

hope the person calls DEC and it gets somewhere.  sounds like the deer will live and the arrow will probably break off or pull out.  in there defense I've hunted rural areas and sometimes the bad seeds of our hunting community claim a tract of land is public when it's really not.  sounds like the person has a good handle on where the deer will be... that's something DEC really needs.  hopefully the buck won't get worse to the point an officer or dec has to shoot it in a ditch.  horrible when an animal goes to waste like that.

I can almost guarantee someone didn't shoot up into the air and it came back down. Imagine hitting a baseball straight up and having it land perfectly on 1st base... It'd take my changes using lightning bolts as hunting methods over the previous shot. If it's in a urban environment, who knows what happened. It could have been a kid or adult who owns a bow, saw the deer in their yard and shot it through a 2nd story window.

We as hunters respect animals and hate to see any suffering from our actions and take pride in shot placement and ethical hunting practices. There are always some bad apples though in any kind of community though. If anyone posted in here they spine shot a deer out of their window, we would tear them apart for unethical practices.

Hopefully it lives, deer are beyond resilient. I've seen them get hit almost perfectly and somehow survive. The human body can achieve amazing feats, and deer are no different.

Your best bet is to just hope for the best of the deer. The DEC should be very helpful, sadly enough I doubt they will find out who did it though due to the situation. Only time will tell.

deer do travel far this time of year . he may look like one you have been watching but it may not be . larger deer will push out the younger ones . last year a friend of mine shot a buck and it had an arrow in its back leg . right thur the meaty front part of the thigh on a down ward angle . he said it was starting to heal around the arrow . he should be ok

Especially to an untrained eye. Heck just this year alone I thought I had a big spike basically living behind my house until I saw him sparing with another spike on my cams. So there are actually 2 spikes and I had assumed the one spike was the bb I had behind my house last year.

I think some dumb kids did this honestly. I would love to find out who is shooting arrows towards my house.

This is your quote above, In a later post, you said " I never said anyone was shooting at my house".

My only question to this thread..... Why would a non-hunter take the time to look up this site and actually create a profile rather than just call DEC? Whatever the case may appear as, Someone failed science here. Just because the deer is in your area now with an arrow in it, does not mean it was shot there or shot illegally. Deer travel miles, especially now with the rut beginning in NY. He will probably pull the arrow out himself and heal up, provided your description of the injury is accurate, but tough to tell without actually seeing him myself. That is the reason barbed broadheads are not legal or ethical to use in NY, so the animal can pull it out of a non-vital wound and have a shot at healing. Deer are amazingly tough and resiliant animals!

The deer was probably shot from an elevated treestand...not by a kid flying an arrow up in the air.  

There is/was no deer.  The OP is/was a hoax.  I am sure/positive he/she is a fraud.  I like/love using that little slash/thingy that looks like a I in the wind.........../

Yea, your damn right I'm wacky today.  I should be in the woods but I worked hard and late (hard/late) last night and I/m whipped.  AND...............the weather man said it would rain and it ain't raining.  I took the dog for a walk and it is PERFECT out.  SOB.............................

Ahh, no problem.  I have a long list of things to do today that need doing.  Sorry for the side track of such a fine thread......................................................................................................................... :O

• Like 1

That ain't the face I wanted.  I wanted this............. :O 

It keeps going to the WRONG face, WTH?  I wanted big eyes guy.  I've had it with this place.  I'll go cruise Craigslist for garage sales..............................

Edited by Lawdwaz

The east end of Long Island is infested with deer and ticks, and Lyme.  Not to mention car damage. They say there is more deer on Long Island, than in certain parts of NYS.   No one wants them, they are basically tame.   They eat off your front lawn as your driving in your driveway.

Seeing an arrow in a deer would not surprise me this time of year.  So I'm sure the story is true.    My friend in Port Jeff wants me to eradicate his deer problem, but there are other houses within 500', so I'd never consider it.   In fact, they are trying to change the 500' law to 250', but even 250' will not help when houses are 100' apart.

As far as that injured deer, the OP should be happy if the deer is "removed."   They are a nuisance in Port Jeff, and many other eastern areas of LI.