34 point Giant

pawle76

I just got off the phone with one of our neighbors to the land where we hunt who lives there year round and keeps an eye on things for me. When I asked him how his bow season was going he replied oh not too bad ! He then directed me to his face book page to have a look see at his "halfway decent" buck. This is what I saw:

post-1207-0-40454900-1383322215_thumb.jp

post-1207-0-94903800-1383322377_thumb.jp

It was taken near Rhinebeck

Edited by pawle76
  • Like 1

I just got the text also an hour ago said to be killed in Columbia county? Any word

All he told me was he got it near rhinebeck so it very well could've been columbia county. I didn't want to ask him at the time about it but isn't there some type of hunting "preserve" over there ?

This showed up on another forum and they are claiming it was a high fence hunt. North East Whitetail in Elizaville NY. $3,000 plus to hunt there, 250 fenced acres.

Well the fact I can't see a tag on it ,lends me to think preserve deer as well.

This seems like a re-run of what happened last year :)

Remember, the guy that did the high fence hunt, didn't gut it there, dragged it to his woods, gutted it, tagged it. 

http://huntingny.com/forums/topic/11984-potentential-new-state-record-was-a-hoax-it-was-a-high-fence-farm-deer/

Now to be fair I know this person and as far as I know I doubt he would try to pass this buck off as a new record or some other hoax. So lets not start the character assassination just yet.

Now to be fair I know this person and as far as I know I doubt he would try to pass this buck off as a new record or some other hoax. So lets not start the character assassination just yet.

Nah, just saying it seems like a re-run.

I don't know this guy from a hole in the wall. 

And that's why some of us are against stupid rules like AR's.  When we kill our spikes and forkhorns and then post pictures on forums, NO one will accuse us of killing them in a pen.  LOL   Of course some will accuse us of killing the dumbest deer in the woods, but hey, at least the bugger had his freedom during his 1.5 years of life.  LOL

• Like 3