34 point Giant

pawle76

Check this preserve out.....   maybe a lead...   New York Hunting: New York Outfitters & Hunting Guides

Where We Hunt: We are located on 250 acres of private woodland in Elizaville, NY (Columbia County).

Edited by Steve7

Actually I would say the buck isn't even dead.  It was time for one of those electric probes to be placed you know where, to stimulate semen production, and the buck got a bit rowdy, so they had to temporarily put him to sleep.  They let him sleep it off in the back of the pickup.

So it's your neighbor but a different county, and a possible high fence can hunt? Ya neighbor seeing any mountain lions too?

not my actual neighbor. I live in NC now. He lives down the road from the place that I hunt at in Greene county,NY right on the border of Ulster county. He told me yesterday on the phone he got the deer near Rhinebeck which is 1/2 hour-45min from where he lives. I assumed he got it earlier in the week. I didn't know it was taken on a high fenced property because he didn't say anything about that and I didn't ask. Someone else on here said it was taken at Northeast Whitetails in Elizaville a high fenced prop. I'm not saying it was or it wasn't I'm just saying he never told me that.

Edited by pawle76

I hunt and have relatives that live in Columbia County, very close to Elizaville.  I know of Northeast Whitetail and have passed by numerous times.

At first glance it seemed obvious to me.  Definatley NE Whitetail.  I don't know how they operate, but i'd guess it's pick your deer from a pen and let em' loose in a field.

To each their own.  I think its a shame.

in defense of the guy who shot it, it doesn't seem as if he is the one who posted it anywhere other than his facebook page..........and I haven't seen it posted anywhere else as a wild deer kill,as of now it is just a picture that someone else decided to post.

This is the first I've seen this buck or heard about it... I usually give somebody the benefit of the doubt the first couple days... but like I've said before... these kinds of bucks never fly under the radar and the lack of a tag while in the truck is suspect as well... we'll have to see. A scorer for the NYSBBC would probably have been on it by now and I see everything that is scored nearly immediately.

This is the first I've seen this buck or heard about it... I usually give somebody the benefit of the doubt the first couple days... but like I've said before... these kinds of bucks never fly under the radar and the lack of a tag while in the truck is suspect as well... we'll have to see. A scorer for the NYSBBC would probably have been on it by now and I see everything that is scored nearly immediately.

like I said, this was photo was posted by someone other than the shooter, if in fact it was shot.........I haven't seen any other publicity about it where someone is claiming it is a legit wild deer kill....who knows, maybe it will never be scored and we'll never hear another thing about it.

If I had to guess, that buck had to have been taken next to the nuclear power plant and he's been drinkin whatever's comin out of the damn place. Either that or next to the upstate meth plant. 

You see, this is what happens when we have antler restrictions!!!! I mean what's next,  has to be 12 points on one side ????