Gun opener looks good on saturday.

agross

I'm thinkin it's gonna drop a little bit.  I'm more worried about the SSW and SSE on Sat & Sun.  Can't remember the last time we  had those winds on opening day.  It's blowing the way I usually see my deer coming from.  Well, it looks like I won't be smoking for the weekend anyway.  Hope it changes up a bit, but it's still cold enough in the mornings anyway.  Just won't need the sterno stove at all.

we usually do well when it's warm maybe because we hunt a north facing property

Me too... Was just talking about this as well. I'm always on the north side of the hill and it stays cold until late monrning even when temps to to the 50s

Not too bad in my neck of the woods, but I wont worry about it too much until mid week. It will change 3 or 4 times before then anyhow.

I hope if it does change the temps drop and dont rise. I would be happy to see a drop with a high of 45. I could handle that

Capture_zpseb766daa.jpg

Mostly Sunny, 52/39 with 4mph winds where I will be hunting in 3N. Could be worse, could be better.

I plan to hunt Saturday, Sunday, Saturday, Sunday, Thanksgiving morning, Friday, Saturday, Sunday, Saturday, Sunday. So 9 1/2 days of the gun season or until I shoot a buck. My Dad will be hunting every single day (dark-dark), so the odds are in his favor for getting the bigger buck. Hoping to get lucky opening day. About 1/2 my bucks have been taken on opening day.