Stand with Phil

josephmrtn

Phill can say what ever he wants. I happen to prefer the same portal he does. He has made a ton of money for A&E and they have increased his bottom line I am sure, BUT, in regards to the show, he works for them. If one of my employees was saying things to my customers that I thought would negatively impact my business I would can them in a second. Actually I don't think what he said will keep any one from watching that show, probably just make more people tune in. But, like I said that's A&E's choice. They definately have an agenda. I wonder what thier reaction would be if someone who works for them was spouting pro gay stuff. I doubt they would get fired.

It's really funny watching people get their panties all in a knot over this.

Buck heart " If one of my employees was saying things to my customers that I thought would negatively impact my business I would can them in a second. " Exactly where and when is your employee on his own time and in his own speace where he can state his opinions. Or do you own him like a slave at all times? And when does your customer revert back to an ordinary citizen. Afterall, he's not just your customer

• Like 1

tv personalities, athletes, celebrities don't have the typical 9 to 5 job that we do.  They are on 24/7.  Many have specifics in their contracts that extend beyond their "typical" work day.  Remember Aaron Boone of the Yankees?  Broke his knee playing a pick-up game of basketball during the off-season?  His contract specifically state he can not play basketball at any time.  The Yankees had the opportunity to can him, really thought about it, but in the end, decided not to.

I'm not sure what is exactly in Phil Robertson's contract but these contracts some times are thicker than dictionaries.  Whether the employer exercises their rights once a contract has been breached or violated is up to them but these employers do hold a lot of power.  They're invested a lot of money and wants to make sure they are in control of their investment.

A little unknown behind the scene fact.  During the 1992 Olympics Dream Team gold medal acceptance ceremony, the outfits were sponsored by Adidas.  Michael Jordan had a contract with Nike that barred him from wearing any competitors apparel in any public appearances.  Due to this conflict, he was actually not going to come out and accept the medal.  It was Magic Johnson who came up at the last minute with an idea of draping the American flag over Michael Jordan's shoulder thus covering up the Adidas logo.  While the general public overlooked it for the most part, it was the reason why only Jordan and Charles Barkley (also with Nike) were the only 2 with flags.

The lawyers who write up these contract come up with everything.

post-789-0-35686700-1387748183_thumb.jpg

Edited by Elmo

Wow, even Charlie Sheen has come out against Phil!  Maybe you supporters should rethink your position.  (Of course, I must admit...both Phil and Sheen are real offbeat whackos.  At least Sheen looks better.  Phil looks like some comic book character!)

If Charlie Sheen came out against him... don't have to re-think anything I'm sure I'm on the right side.

• Like 2

You know for me its simple, Gays are here and always have been, theres even one in my extended family and I have know some as customers at my profession. They're not going away and I personally have never been bothered by one. So what is the sense in this Hick coming out on National TV and publicly stating his opinions on vagina or mens anus and his preferences, "WHO CARES" keep it to your self and keep the likes of that dumb cluck Sarah Palin from having another bandwagon to jump on.

I'm just starting to wonder what makes this TV personality so important that what has happened to him has upset so many people..............he sold out to A&E and apparently either didn't read the contract or didn't understand it, this has nothing to do with Freedom of Speech, not even in the least bit............I'm sure the rest of the family that now has to show up and do their stupid act as they are required to do to satisfy the terms of their contract, must be real thrilled at the attention this has brought them.

• Like 1

Please understand the facts, he was asked a question by GC magazine (fully knowing his response) and they published it in hopes of furthering GLADD"S agenda and attacking a common Christian view. Of course it didn't go the way they expected and GLADD is now trying to punish him for his opinions.

As the expression goes, "Don't ask the question if you don't want to hear the answer". If you don't like what you are hearing, change the channel. Don't exert your will over others. One day it may be your opinion that someone doesn't like and they may go after you.

This is not a matter or right and wrong, but simply of free speech. You can deny it all you want.

Edited by wooffer

Woofer, I agree. As much as people point to the words in the constitution, to most of us it's still a free speech issue

of course he's free to say whatever he wants, but apparently not while he's employed by A&E............simple enough, when you sell your soul to the man, you gotta play by his rules. Imagine if you owned a business, and one of your employees gave his anti whatever rant to every customer who came in, I'm pretty sure you would cut him loose if it alienated a large percentage of you customer base, or even if he stood on the public sidewalk in front of your business after he was off work and did it..............because I'm sure some will say he can do whatever he wants once he's off the clock.

• Like 3