4 deer in 9 seconds

Uncle Nicky

I'd say taking four deer in that short amount of time is pretty challenging too! Next challenge.. doing it with muzzleloader :)

When taking an animals life there is a pretty thin line between challenging and reckless. Many gun ranges will offer you the opportunity to impress your buddies. You can also try to impress your buddies with your bow in your backyard... No need to try on a deer.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by Belo

I'd say taking four deer in that short amount of time is pretty challenging too! Next challenge.. doing it with muzzleloader :)

I have taken two from a group with the ML twice. First time I Just had to wait for them to line up correctly. Second time I took first while they were trotting. At the first shot they all stopped and let me reload. I thought that was very considerate of them.

When taking an animals life there is a pretty thin line between challenging and reckless. Many gun ranges will offer you the opportunity to impress your buddies. You can also try to impress your buddies with your bow in your backyard... No need to try on a deer.

So you seem to sound like you think this was reckless?

So you seem to sound like you think this was reckless?

I don't think he took high probability shots or accomplished anything significant. And by posting it on YouTube it only encourages younger or newer hunters to try it. As many others said in this thread, yes he did bag them all. But for every case of success with this type of shooting there are dozens of more failures that we don't see. I think we've beaten it to death.

Off topic

Belo......seeing you are younger than I and certain tried and true grammar rules have been tossed aside since I was in school...I thought you might find this interesting...since your a stickler ....by the way again I know what I am doing when posting.... and do so on purpose...for sticklers new shouldn't always mean good...

http://www.wisegeek.com/are-you-really-not-allowed-to-start-a-sentence-with-and-but-or-because.htm

Maybe for you and I it might be reckless... I can't shoot like that... for him it might not be reckless at all. Just like it would be reckless for me to jump in a race car and go 200 mph around a track thinking I won't crash.. for a Nascar racer, not so reckless at all.. man has to know his limitations...

And, nobody would have had a problem with this video had it been four coyotes instead of four deer... like somehow deer are different and demand more respect.

• Like 4

That video was far less worse than I thought it would be after 30 pages of non sense lol..

If I saw that right, not one of them deer lived longer than a minute after getting shot.

With a shotgun shooting deer on the run is my thing.. BUT ,, That was some good shooting.

Not like he blew the deers leg off and let it hop away while trying for the next one. Everyones opinion is different but im sure we could find videos that are way worse.

• Like 2

It seems like many of the posters feel that it is fine to enjoy HUNTING deer, but it is somehow not as acceptable to enjoy KILLING deer...

That video looked like FUN to me.. I enjoy pulling the trigger, but have never had an opportunity to be in the situation of having that many tags and that many targets. Besides...I prefer not to shoot fawns( personal preference) and to sort the kids from the adults in a situation like this takes some time.. That's just me.

Could I or many other posters on this forum execute the same thing, given the opportunity ?

Hell YES...!!.. Put me there with my 1100 and give me 4 tags and I'll give you 4 dead deer every day of the week. I am sure that there are many experienced hunters on this forum that could do the same.

Basically, it was 4 easy shots...3 were stationary ( or nearly so) and one was running, but it was CLOSE...

Whether you like the OP or not, saying that he was taking questionable shots is pure BS.

• Like 2

It seems like many of the posters feel that it is fine to enjoy HUNTING deer, but it is somehow not as acceptable to enjoy KILLING deer...

That video looked like FUN to me.. I enjoy pulling the trigger, but have never had an opportunity to be in the situation of having that many tags and that many targets. Besides...I prefer not to shoot fawns( personal preference) and to sort the kids from the adults in a situation like this takes some time.. That's just me.

Could I or many other posters on this forum execute the same thing, given the opportunity ?

Hell YES...!!.. Put me there with my 1100 and give me 4 tags and I'll give you 4 dead deer every day of the week. I am sure that there are many experienced hunters on this forum that could do the same.

Basically, it was 4 easy shots...3 were stationary ( or nearly so) and one was running, but it was CLOSE...

Whether you like the OP or not, saying that he was taking questionable shots is pure BS.

I find it odd that some are mortified and disgusted by a spine shot deer crawling around for 15 seconds before it's finished off, but yet it's totally acceptable to let an arrow shot deer run off and spend the next 4-8 hours dying from a poorly placed arrow while the shooter waits it out, in fact, you'll hear many say that it's the right thing to do.

• Like 4

whether or not many want to admit it, and whether it's 4 deer in 9 seconds or 1 deer in 1 second, killing an animal with a firearm or an arrow is a rather brutal (for lack of a better word) way of ending it's life and isn't always pretty......I've made perfect shots on deer and watched them make the death run, bounce off trees and flop around for a couple seconds and also made bad shots that I'm sure caused a much longer death..........it's all part of what we do, and what can happen..........

Edited by jjb4900
  • Like 1

whether or not many want to admit it, and whether it's 4 deer in 9 seconds or 1 deer in 1 second, killing an animal with a firearm or an arrow is a rather brutal (for lack of a better word) way of ending it's life and isn't always pretty......I've made perfect shots on deer and watched them make the death run, bounce off trees and flop around for a couple seconds and also made bad shots that I'm sure caused a much longer death..........it's all part of what we do, and what can happen..........

And I think the point some of us are trying to make is we, or I should say I, wouldn't take shots to increase the chances of that slow lingering death. Running deer, especially right at you, incease those odds. Stuff happens, but you have less of a chance if you take your time. My 2 cents.

• Like 1

I salute you for answering the comments on this forum Maryland Hunter.  I see nothing wrong with the shooting you did.  I question your motives for posting so many videos and willingness to start controversy.   I understand you probably do not really care what is said here by the way you present yourself and will post many other video's.  To that I say good luck. 

On a side note I will say this...

As a hunter I try to present myself in a respectable manner that sheds good light on the hunting community at all times.  This video is not exactly something I consider admirable... 

Shooting 4 deer in 9 sec with 5 shots, good shooting.  Filming it and posting a doe crawling away and blatting before being taken out, not so good.  Just a little hint, all the deer shows pan away after the shot, why do you think they do that?  Because no one, not even hunters want to see that animal in agony even if its just a few seconds and especially if it makes any noise!

If you want to gain more respect think twice about posting any deer crawling away and making noise after being shot.  Not even hunters want to see an animal flailing. 

Otherwise I enjoyed reading all the comments LMAO  GREAT POST This was better than me arguing with Doewhacker and his buddy about LI deer cull that never happened.   Carry on!!!

• Like 3

I salute you for answering the comments on this forum Maryland Hunter.  I see nothing wrong with the shooting you did.  I question your motives for posting so many videos and willingness to start controversy.   I understand you probably do not really care what is said here by the way you present yourself and will post many other video's.  To that I say good luck. 

On a side note I will say this...

As a hunter I try to present myself in a respectable manner that sheds good light on the hunting community at all times.  This video is not exactly something I consider admirable... 

Shooting 4 deer in 9 sec with 5 shots, good shooting.  Filming it and posting a doe crawling away and blatting before being taken out, not so good.  Just a little hint, all the deer shows pan away after the shot, why do you think they do that?  Because no one, not even hunters want to see that animal in agony even if its just a few seconds and especially if it makes any noise!

If you want to gain more respect think twice about posting any deer crawling away and making noise after being shot.  Not even hunters want to see an animal flailing. 

Otherwise I enjoyed reading all the comments LMAO  GREAT POST This was better than me arguing with Doewhacker and his buddy about LI deer cull that never happened.   Carry on!!!

Probably the best post on this whole book. There is nothing wrong with the kill. Its the reason behind the posting on a public website that throws up the flag. That speaks loud about the SHOOTER that posted. Not the HUNTER that posted!

posting a doe crawling away and blatting before being taken out, not so good. Just a little hint, all the deer shows pan away after the shot, why do you think they do that? Because no one, not even hunters want to see that animal in agony even if its just a few seconds and especially if it makes any noise!

If you want to gain more respect think twice about posting any deer crawling away and making noise after being shot. Not even hunters want to see an animal flailing

If it bothers a hunter that much they should probably take up another past time. I have yet to have one lay down with just my words. No matter how nicely I ask them

Not so long go...there was a video called heart shot posted...showing pretty graphic footage of an arrow going through a does heart and it kicking out and making a death run..then it was shown in slow mo...then another similar showing the exit of an arrow...lots of blood... deer dying etc..etc.....hmmm......remind me...did we see this much angst over that...or even any?

• Like 1