Seems like everyone is getting out of NY

Elmo

I killed it with silver a few years ago. Bought a bunch of bars at $16/oz and sold them at over $40. Unfortunately it was only like $5k into like $13k or so, and not a lot more $Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My goal is to have 1000 ounces by the time I retire in 20 years. That way if silver goes up a buck, I make a $1000. Not too tough to do... I try to buy one ounce a week.

But I have a great spot on my 50 acres that's about 250' from my neighbors house.  50' of that is mature spruce so they can't see into my land and I can't see into theirs from my spot.  I can sit there and shoot into my land completely safely and they'd never even know it.  My current neighbors are hunters themselves so they don't care, but if they were to move and the new neighbors didn't give me permission it would stop me from hunting there.

Plus it's not just hunting, it's discharging a gun or bow within 500'.  That means you can't legally target shoot with your bow if your neighbors are closer than that and object.

When the market tanked a whike back i bought a large amount of ford stock as they did not take the govt bailout. I sold it about a year ago made out well. I have.my own retirement in the mattress

Sent from my LGL35G using Tapatalk 2

A lot of doom and gloom in your posts. Not saying everything is rose-colored glass, but relax a bit on the fear mongering.

And, separately, don't be posting quotes or anything with bad language. Kids read this site and this is not the venue to be posting the ravings of an adult-oriented comedian. I understand the points you are trying to put out there, but no need to do so with the use of foul language on a hunting site that has younger kids in the mix. Poor taste in my opinion.

Moderator's note: I agree that the Carlin quote was in poor taste and have deleted it.

Edited by Doc

I know people who where saying the same thing about government mandated health care just 4/5 years. Being prepared for the inevitable is not doom and gloom. I'm sorry you feel that way.

My cousins in Utica just got kicked off their insurance. 40 years as small business owners, paying their dues and keeping a bunch of people employed. They were offered a new insurance policy at 400 dollars a month more plus a 30,000 deductible . Welcome to the American dream.

Of course. I don't think anyone will say that's a bad wrap at the hands of such legislation. They got screwed.

But your posts about the sky falling and linking extremist sites like zerohedge just shows that you are on the far end of the spectrum. A healthy balance of skepticism and optimism often leads to being the best equipped to handle your future.

Edited by phade
  • Like 2

I know people who where saying the same thing about government mandated health care just 4/5 years. Being prepared for the inevitable is not doom and gloom. I'm sorry you feel that way.

My cousins in Utica just got kicked off their insurance. 40 years as small business owners, paying their dues and keeping a bunch of people employed. They were offered a new insurance policy at 400 dollars a month more plus a 30,000 deductible . Welcome to the American dream.

He's not saying you're totally wrong, but you're a little too high on the "freak out" scale for me as well. Mostly, because what should we all be doing? Hiding our "paper" in a mattress like Buba? Dollars are only worth anything because we know that today, we can use them in exchange for goods or services. That could all change. The only real concrete thing you can do to protect your future in the event of a global collapse is to have a skill or service you can offer in trade for goods. Can you fix things? If so, a farmer might trade you some food to fix his tractor. Can you make your own whiskey? If so you may be able to offer some in exchange for medical care.

Otherwise, you have to proceed with saving for the future with the current systems we have and hope for the best. The market is generally out of our control... but to not save because you believe it'll collapse might just lead you to being similar to some of the guys i work with. Late 60's and still grinding because they didn't save.

When the market tanked a whike back i bought a large amount of ford stock as they did not take the govt bailout. I sold it about a year ago made out well. I have.my own retirement in the mattress Sent from my LGL35G using Tapatalk 2

A little birdie told me that the new F150 aluminum frame is made with aluminum from Alcoa.  ;)

And of course you can't provide any examples of extremist thought as you define it so that makes your commentary all the more worthless and emptY.

You do realize zero-hedge is a clearing house for global finance news from many many sources ye??

It's called putting the pieces together. Used to be an American virtue. Now we prefer to stick our butts up our own behinds instead and watch Oprah at the same time.

Using ZH as evidence is extremist, whacko, tin foil wearing (lol Belo), sky is falling, the world is ending, and any other term you want to use. Five minutes of Google research shows just how ludicrous ZH is. I mean, the site founder can't even tie his name to it. Seriously, the use of a fake name from a movie? Get real.

• Like 1

One could understand why some are leaving but I'm not.  my family on both my parent's sides are all here for the most part.  Upstate NY is my home I don't care what Cuomo or Schumer think about me belonging here.  They haven't seen extreme.  They pump up their chests and tell NYer's how it's going to be.  Yet if they left NY to move up the political ladders the gun toting country as a whole would eat them alive!  They'd run back to NYC or the confines of their Albany office, curl up in a ball, and cry.  I've sent letters very polite and open ended but stating my concerns to Schumer.  You should see the amount of ridiculous crap I got back.  you pretty much get response that would make someone who didn't read up on any political news there's sunny skies and green pastures as far as the eye can see and it's all because of what he and his entourage did.

One could understand why some are leaving but I'm not.  my family on both my parent's sides are all here for the most part.  Upstate NY is my home I don't care what Cuomo or Schumer think about me belonging here.  They haven't seen extreme.  They pump up their chests and tell NYer's how it's going to be.  Yet if they left NY to move up the political ladders the gun toting country as a whole would eat them alive!  They'd run back to NYC or the confines of their Albany office, curl up in a ball, and cry.  I've sent letters very polite and open ended but stating my concerns to Schumer.  You should see the amount of ridiculous crap I got back.  you pretty much get response that would make someone who didn't read up on any political news there's sunny skies and green pastures as far as the eye can see and it's all because of what he and his entourage did.

I believe the main point made by most is that if it wasn't for family they'd be somewhere else and that's sad.

• Like 3

...[Cuomo and Schumer et al.] pump up their chests and tell NYer's how it's going to be.  ...

And New Yorkers sit back and take it.  Why?  Either greater than half agree with them on enough things to support them, or most of the people that disagree are too lazy, ignorant and/or apathetic to drag their carcass out and do something about it.  Either way it makes me think that I belong somewhere else now.

If things like the overnight pushing through of the criminalization of lawful gunowners act and his recent comments don't motivate people then there's no hope.  We do, after all, get the Government that we deserve.