Propane Prices/Supply

phade

Been seeing the news about the shortage and prices going up, especially in the Midwest. Looks like the issue has reached wNY.

I prepay my propane in the summer. I called to have them stop by and fill-up my tank. They told me they were as far as 7 days out from being able to provide the propane. I thought that was a bit much given the fact I prepay. Certainly understand the shortage issue, but sheesh....a full week.

i filled up 2 weeks ago and they came in 3 days same price.. i think its an excuse to wring some more cash out of people in the cold weather snap we are having. the crude oil we are transporting via train contains higher amounts of natual gas and propane than most... so where is it going?  just as gas prices went up the natual gas industries want a piece of the pie. Its all just greed.. same as in so many issues around.

i filled up 2 weeks ago and they came in 3 days same price.. i think its an excuse to wring some more cash out of people in the cold weather snap we are having. the crude oil we are transporting via train contains higher amounts of natual gas and propane than most... so where is it going?  just as gas prices went up the natual gas industries want a piece of the pie. Its all just greed.. same as in so many issues around.

My case, I think I get the low totem pole syndrome because they already have my money and I'm locked in.

Propane is so up and down its nuts. The prices aren't regulated like oil. My father in law delivers fuel oil and has thought about getting into propane also. Another business in the same down does only propane and they are crazy with the prices. Call at 10am then call again at 2 and the price could double. Owner charges whatever he feels like. I have several friends who get propane from this guy and they all have to haggle for a decent price. Its so bad that calling for a delivery in the morning you will get quoted one price and when they show up a couple hours later the price is way higher!

Yeah its crazy. I just had mine filled a couple weeks ago. Im really hoping I can make it till spring. Have had the fireplace insert crankin but its not big enough to heat the whole house when temps get this low. Neighbors are working on getting a natural gas line down our rd. Most if not all are on board so hopefully it will happen!!

I switched companies 2 years ago because they let me run out a couple times (on auto-deliver). Yesterday, my new company let us run out (auto-deliver), I discovered it at 5 AM, they showed about 4 PM. While it's bad customer service on their part, I guess I need to be a little more proactive in watching the tanks.

As time goes on, I am getting more and more happy about our decision to go with electric baseboard heat. The decision was made to save constant expensive driveway repairs from heavy fuel trucks going up and down our 1000' driveway which was built over a swamp base. But now as I compare heating bills with other people I am finding that it has turned out to be a financial benefit also.

As time goes on, I am getting more and more happy about our decision to go with electric baseboard heat. The decision was made to save constant expensive driveway repairs from heavy fuel trucks going up and down our 1000' driveway which was built over a swamp base. But now as I compare heating bills with other people I am finding that it has turned out to be a financial benefit also.

Electric baseboard heat was considered to be crazy not too long ago. It's amazing how much less expensive it has become compared to other heating costs.

I prebuy each year, so the price fluctuation isn't much of a concern to me other than simply getting the propane.

I can't remember if I locked in at $2.09 or $2.19 this year. Either way, it's way cheaper than current market rates.

If you don't want to pay for propane try a George foreman grill. I heard they are decent, but I prefer propane Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wonder how many George Foreman grills it would take to heat a house?

Wow....................................................... :fie:

biz,

Do you realize they are talking about using propane instead of natural gas ( furnace, stove, clothes dryer, etc...)? In rural towns you don't get natural gas so you have a huge propane tank that is used for everything.

Thanks for cluing him in.  I don't always have the patience.................... :comando:

Just funning with ya, Biz. 

The company i work for stopped taking on new customers about a month ago JUST so we can take care of the customers we already have. We have 7 drivers including myself and we are dumping about a truck and a half a day. 4500 gallons each. We prebuy our gas just as the customers do. so if we started taking on new customers and temp heats from construction jobs we would probably have to get the gas from someplace else and hike up the price. From what im hearing its all these oil companies that just started getting into propane that are REALLY hiking up the prices because they didn't prebuy.That and im hearing the bulk transport drivers are getting paid 65 bucks an hour to sit for hours in line and wait to get fueled before they deliver to your local gas company.