Camera enforced tickets

First-light

Folks,

Watch those intersections. Cameras on LI are piping up all over the place. I got caught not coming to a full stop for a right on red.

video show it so I'm guilty. Thing is they sent it to my old address and I never got the first citation. So when I got the second it had a $30 late fee. I called up and explained the situation and they told me to "tell it to the judge" nothing they could do about it. Take a day off from work to go explain this for 30 bucks. I don't think so, they win………...

Burt. Same thing happened to me at the entrance to Roosevelt Field mall last year no less. $75 ticket for not stopping before turning on red. They know most people will not fight it for $75 bucks. It's a money making scheme for Nassau county. Sure enough I always make a full stop before turning at every intersection now.

• Like 1

they had a case I think in Rochester.....help me out on this guy's...any ways it was running reds...so the guy set up and timed the light between red and yellow...it was under the State allowed timing...he won....I worry every time I come up on a light now ..sneaky turds....some turn pretty darn fast...first ticket I was ever stopped for..Afred stars stop sign on a ​T....I didn't allow tire to completely stop...lol

Edited by growalot

Get used to it folks its just another step toward installing all kinds of remote enforcing of the government's control on its subjects. Seriously, there seems to be no limits on how, how much and what technology can be used against us. There's not even a whole lot of discussion about it. And every year the capabilities take huge leaps toward 100% surveillance. Cameras, drones, listening devices, who knows how many other devices that they are developing or have developed that we are unaware of. Yes we are heading for a remote controlled enforcement system in all kinds of areas of our lives.

Not a big fan of them. Now the rolling right on red I don't see as a big deal and most cops wont waste their time writing you for it. The folks who fly through the red 2,3 ,4 cars in a row sometimes, that really bothers me.

Also most drivers don't understand the whole red light law. If you stop over the stop line,(that's that white line painted on the road),that so many ignor and make it so we can't turn the firetruck,you've run a red light.

If you pull into the intersection to turn left,but it turns red before you can make your left turn you've run a red light your supposed to wait behind the stop line.

Oh as far as us city workers beeping exempt ,yes and no. The fine goes to the vehicles owner,so the city would have to pay itself. The employee does face disciplinary action though.

If I remember it right ,it was something like 100 times in a year and a half ,the number of city vehicles is way in the hundreds on the road daily passing through thousands of intersections a day. 100 times in 18 months is pretty darn low.

Edited by Larry302

Another money making ploy for Gov.  With the ideology of it making the streets safer.  What a joke.  Welcome to more police "State" control.  Wait until one goes up in front of your house for "speed control". 

Fact:  Private industry gets part of the payment for the camera use.  Another type of taxation without representation IMO.  Try to cross examine the arresting officer when you go to court, you cant because he was not there, he did not give you the ticket, some person working for private industry gave it to you.  Feeling more like a communist state every day...

• Like 1

Well I have been shopping...and dang the prices have come down...you can get the longe range outdoor infra reds for a fair price...500.0 and up for 2-4 1200-1700ft long range camera systems......The DEC wants proof...I'll give them video... equal or less $$$$ and labor than installing fencing ;)

Not a big fan of them. Now the rolling right on red I don't see as a big deal and most cops wont waste their time writing you for it. The folks who fly through the red 2,3 ,4 cars in a row sometimes, that really bothers me.

Also most drivers don't understand the whole red light law. If you stop over the stop line,(that's that white line painted on the road),that so many ignor and make it so we can't turn the firetruck,you've run a red light.

If you pull into the intersection to turn left,but it turns red before you can make your left turn you've run a red light your supposed to wait behind the stop line.

Oh as far as us city workers beeping exempt ,yes and no. The fine goes to the vehicles owner,so the city would have to pay itself. The employee does face disciplinary action though.

If I remember it right ,it was something like 100 times in a year and a half ,the number of city vehicles is way in the hundreds on the road daily passing through thousands of intersections a day. 100 times in 18 months is pretty darn low.

Sorry Larry I didn't mean to imply the Rochester Fire Dept. I was thinking more about the other City employees.There are some intersections such as Driving Park/Lake Ave that are not easy to get through without pulling forward when turning.The green arrow there only allows 3 vehicles to make it through before both sides have a green light-and then you are stuck.

The real scam artist in this is the company selling the equipment to the city . They were talking about it on the news . The company wines and dines city officials , the city officials then buy the equipment , the fines go towards paying for the cameras and what is left over goes to the city. I posted the first story i found on google , the list of cities growing . Im sure you can find something more recent.

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2013-03-16/news/ct-met-redflex-chicago-investigation-0316-20130316_1_redflex-holdings-ltd-u-s-attorney-city-program-manager

Edited by Jeremy K
  • Like 1

So far , I don't see a problem with the cameras . There is too much "slow and go" at red lights and stop signs . Then it progresses to "nothing is coming so just go" . The next step is the a-holes that don't give you the right of way when they are on an "on ramp" and want you to get out of their way because they don't want to merge properly .

• Like 1

So far , I don't see a problem with the cameras . There is too much "slow and go" at red lights and stop signs . Then it progresses to "nothing is coming so just go" . The next step is the a-holes that don't give you the right of way when they are on an "on ramp" and want you to get out of their way because they don't want to merge properly .

Tons of those every time I drove out, constantly avoiding those drivers as it is. These cameras have also put an end to many disputes on who causes accidents at intersections that otherwise would have been a mystery without any witnesses.

X-Calibur Lighting Systems

http://facebook.com/XCaliburLightingSystems

Edited by shawnhu

Look at the money they are saving (and making) by automating law enforcement. Just imagine how far they can take all this stuff as drone technology evolves and a wider and wider network of citizen surveillance cameras increase. Maybe some day we can get rid of traffic patrol personnel completely and have it all done with remote 24/7 surveillance. Add in a few well-camouflaged speed detection devices to catch speeders and a network of drones to control other offenses, and maybe some mandatory breathalyzer devices to control your starter and monitor drunk driving offenders, and before you know it we will all be safe .... right? How about transmitters to detect seat belt compliance and issue tickets via VIN numbers. It can all be done in such a way that we are never without proper monitoring.

well here is a "good" New surveillance situation...Did you hear about Livingston county's Sheriff's New purchase? He got a "steal" on 5 of those invasive body scanners airports use to use....Now all prisoners and all visitors to the prison have to go through the scanners...

(Kindle)

Edited by growalot

I would hope the Fire, Police and Ambulance drivers are exempt....and I sure hope they don't face disciplinary action when responding to emergency calls.....that's outrageous if they do.

I have seen guys with the emergency blue lights hauling down our road only to pull into Fastrack to get a coffee . And ..... I know that for a fact . I know one of the guys , said something to him because to cruised through a stop sign with his light on and wasn't on call and he told me to go F--- myself . Just sayin' - not all emergency drivers are honest but for the most part they are . When they are on call they should NOT be ticketed !

• Like 1

We get a lot of slow and go plus cruising through stop signs out here in the sticks . It becomes a habit until they get into an accident ! Hell , it's 40 mph on our road and guys do 60 - 70 and pass on the double solid lines . The cops can't be bothered to monitor these bad roads / intersections .