Dream Hunting Property

BKhunter

I would like for the land to be in cattaragus or Livingston county. I would love to have 50-100 acres with my house in the same property a 2-3 acre pond that me and the kids can swim and fish in plus ice skate and play hockey on in the winter time. I would like for atleAst 50%of the land to be extremely thick for bedding and also have plenty of Apple and pear trees on the property 

Red just described my actual situation, except that it is 180 acres in Catt County:  Log cabin, abandoned apple orchards, a few open fields, large pond and lots of brush.  I'm not even rich, it just happened.

• Like 1

Red just described my actual situation, except that it is 180 acres in Catt County:  Log cabin, abandoned apple orchards, a few open fields, large pond and lots of brush.  I'm not even rich, it just happened.

I liked what I saw in the east Otto/Otto areas when I worked Catt county. Lots of area for wildlife to prosper.

Definitely Alaska... where the only thing that keeps you at the top of the food chain is a gun... you don't even bow hunt there without a gun! Dangerous game definitely makes it more interesting and the fact that the elements can kill you as well really adds another hitch to the giddy-up.

with money no object, I would become a whitetail property farmer, study the herd year after year as like the ultimate job & retirement..I think 2500 acres of southern Illinois stretching into Kentucky...this way I would have multiple seasons options with about 70% wooded and 30% fields. Surrounded by die hard QDM properties.Since i would be rich and not have to worry about money I would spend my days improving the property and keeping the food plots at max potential ...off course the food plots would be year round high protein chow for my babies.....lol....carve out 20 acres for a reasonable but not over the top home....barns...tractor sheds. And should I be so lucky I would seriously try to make a difference for either the Make a Wish foundation, Wounded Warriors and other worthy causes by hosting multiple events/hunts yearly

My dream is New Mexico always has been...

Looked at a property in SW New Mexico a few years ago. Good water on 25 acres was dirt cheap. No electric, but now that easier with solar.

If I could scratch out a living there I would have bought it......just too little going on work wise for me right now.

But I'm going to be looking around at other areas in the state to relocate. 

I would also love a low level rock wall to be around the entire property, something about a rock wall I can't explain.

There is a place on the north side of Rt 5 just east of Rt 77 in Genesee County that had the most amazing rock wall you have ever seen.  I don't know how big it is other than to say it could be a thousand yards in length, 3' wide and 3-4' high?

Amazing............. 

• Like 1

I would want a small cabin, back deep in the woods, with enough room for me and my two boys, in the southern part of Alaska. A couple of hundred acres, some swampy wetlands, and a nice river/stream to get some of those beautiful salmon.

I would want a small cabin, back deep in the woods, with enough room for me and my two boys, in the southern part of Alaska. A couple of hundred acres, some swampy wetlands, and a nice river/stream to get some of those beautiful salmon.

I have 274 acres in ny..its not nearly big enough to manage anything without decent neighboring property. i am surprised at the number of people that want 30-50 acres in ny and think that is realistic for deer management. i guess i would expand my ny property to a square mile = 640 acres or more if i could introduce elk to it. if not i'd look for 5000 acres out west montana/idaho area.

Years ago I hunted with the locals in Decorah Iowa (( that's in Northeast Iowa). What a place for deer and small game.  Tall rolling hills, wide valleys, water and enough woods and agriculture to satisfy all your hunting needs.  Now there are a lot fewer pheasants but it is still a nice quiet place to live and hunt. That has become my second choice  

So 35 years ago I found a house, barn, trout stream and 100 acres in Otsego county and have turned it into my little slice of heaven.  I raise pheasants, have enough water for really good jump shooting on ducks not to mention a trout stream that produces lots of  brown trout in the 20 inch plus range.  My neighbors have no issue with me using their lake holding great bass and bream for fun summer evenings. Fall comes and I have over 1000 acres to chase deer around. I still farm the property so Deer and turkey are always around.  

It took 30+ years of hard work to bring the farm and its diverse habitat back to life but it was worth it.

I have been lucky enough to be living my dream everyday of the year and wish I had another 40 years to enjoy all the laughs this place continues to give me. given me. 

• Like 1

my dream property would be to have a very big house on about 3-400 acres with a nice size pond on it here in NY.

id also love me some property in ohio, 200 acres or so would do just fine. maybe some property in iowa

My property is not as big as stated above, but everyone has at least the size I have or more all around me and most are weekenders or summer people.Mostly wooded,oak,cherry,maple,beechnut,ash,pine,spruce and older apple trees for around a 2 mile circle and then all farm land around that.And they do log every few years.So if you do you home work you can find a smaller piece of heaven that still holds the wildlife around by keeping the habit the way that they like.

Dream properties in NY? Are you guys serious? I can't justify picking NY of all states for a "dream property" when all you can hunt is deer and bear. I would definitely pick a state with more game variety

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dream properties in NY? Are you guys serious? I can't justify picking NY of all states for a "dream property" when all you can hunt is deer and bear. I would definitely pick a state with more game varietySent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I personally do not care for running behind dogs to kill a mntn lion or going after an elk or what not.

I'm geared up for deer hunting, it's just that simple really. I'd like to try and master deer hunting then traveling all over this country in order to harvest all these different game and be limited to hunting small deer when I get home for

Hunting season cause I'm puttin time in other hunts, in other states.

I'd love to do a Kansas, Iowa, Ohio whitetail hunt. A bear with the bow and maybe some hog hunting in my life. I personally love the country in NY but I guess that's just me lol.

• Like 1

I hear you. But even if whitetail obsessed, NY is far from the dream state for them. In some western states you can hunt both whitetails and mulies. Doesn't get any better than yet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Biz-R-OWorld

It's a bit above the whitetail, like I said I like the country views and the woods we have here in NY. Close to family type thing for me... If you have the right property seeing and having big deer on NY land isn't far fetched at all. Honestly, if I can have a big modern house on 300 acres in Ohio I'd be beyond happy, but if you don't have family to share it with, it kind of stinks... And far out west would be cool for a visit or hunt but to be in places where there are crazy tornados or beyond sub zero just for huning would be a bit silly. Temps in NY are fine and deer hunting in the right places can produce some big ones.

• Like 1

Dream properties in NY? Are you guys serious? I can't justify picking NY of all states for a "dream property" when all you can hunt is deer and bear. I would definitely pick a state with more game variety Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

To each his own... I think the Adirondacks are as nice as anywhere in the US... and since the whitetail is the most popular game animal in the world... NY ain't that bad. Makes going to other states for different game a bit more interesting not seeing them everywhere you look here. Although Alaska would be my pick for great hunting... I wouldn't want to live there.