Fox den cam...

wooly

• 1 month later...

Thanks guys! Since this post got brought back up to the top I figured I would load a few more pics and videos from my Moultrie I also ran at the den.

First a couple quick still photos...
Every now and then I would drop off some "Scooby snacks" for momma in the mornings and watch her scoop them up and hide or burry them around the den throughout the day.

PICT0011_zpsd818b068.jpg

I threw an antler out there to see what they'd do with it. I got a few vids of the pups wrestling around with it, but I'm having a hard time finding those pics and clips among the 1000's of files.
The antler escaped with no damage even though they chewed on it a bit with those little needle teeth!

PICT0817_zpsa7f9be77.jpg

Every once in a while I'd catch momma coming back with some "fast food" for the kids!

PICT1292_zpsc1b5659a.jpg

****- these next images are video clips.
Click pic for clips.

Momma dropping off a mouth full of moles for breakfast.
One day I went up there and found 12 little mole bodies piled at the den entrance,lol

th_PICT0114_zps7af61229.jpg

Here she is scooping up some of her special delivery treats I brought her.

th_PICT0806_zpsc3e7c55a.jpg

Doing a little spring cleaning at the den entrance while the kids get in the way...

th_PICT0142_zpse4118bbc.jpg

Fighting over that big fat squill momma brought home for them...

th_PICT1293_zpsfd41b99d.jpg

This little guy must not have gotten any squill so he decided to chew on my cam for a bit...

th_PICT0512_zps9e32c6f1.jpg

And finally after a long day of playing and eating everything in sight, it was time for a tall cold glass of milk before bed time.

th_PICT0948_zpsdf220c17.jpg

• Like 3

Great video!

She went from 5 down to 2 pups. The little bugers looked healthy too.

Thanks- she started with 6 and still had 5.

Only lost one that I know of. I got more clips of all 5 of them after those two were done nursing.

Never saw any fawns make it back to the den, but did have a few miscellaneous deer parts show up.

I don't think so.

I've seen at least 3 other litters of 6 at this and another den a few miles away.

I wouldn't expect to see more kits then a fox has nipples, so maybe 9 kits would be considered one too many,lol

I can't put my finger on why, but I think foxes are really cool animals

Because they are little doggies, and they are cool. However, I do understand why small game hunters may not be fans of foxes. I always get excited whenever I see one, but I never came across a den. That would really be something. What a great set-up for photography.

• 4 weeks later...