Made my decision, 2014 Yamaha Viking

Lovely piece of kit. Is the gator really more expensive?

Yeah by quite a bit. I got this with the plow and winch out the door for less than the base price on the Gator. If I got the base Gator it wouldn't have any of the options that made it significantly better.

Thanks!

I made a deal on a 16 foot trailer today, and got the call that the winch and plow are in! I pick up the trailer Saturday and the Viking goes in for the winch/ plow install on Tuesday.

A friend of mine also gave me a 1/2 gallon of Duraliner. When I wash it, im going to coat the inside of the bed with it.

• 2 weeks later...

My, that thing is a beast! Nice ATV., RTV.? It's nice that they offer so many add on attachments when other don't. Real selling point for Yahama. Is it seat belt equipped because that is a roll over bar structure?

Yep, seatbelts for every seat. Thats part of what i like about it, the safety equipment.

I dropped it off last tuesday to have the plow and winch added. One part was missing, so i dont have it back yet. Chomping at the bit though, i have work to do with it lol. We ended up getting a smoking deal on a 5 foot tiller this year, so we need to get to work lol.

• 1 month later...

Btw, little update, this machine is great. Does everything i need it to. Helped a buddy with his plots this past weekend, it pulled the drag harrow just fine. It got stuck once in a muddy spot. Threw on the diff lock and yanked the harrow right out. It was hot out, so i let it sit a couple of times with the bed up and fan running.

d7f818317f449e6b6c28d95a28d376b0_zps6bf9

Also, got a 15 gallon sprayer for it, just need to replace a couple of hoses and build a bracket to hold it in the bed.

d61b6d59a846ecd6e700f711bf3e8e5b_zpsf875

Oh, and I am deffinately glad i didnt go with a 500cc machine. It wouldnt have pulled that harrow. Bigger bore is the way to go for this kind of stuff.

• 1 month later...

That's a great looking machine. Can I make one suggestion? Before winter comes, remove that steel cable from your winch and replace it with about an 8' section of a 2" wide ratchet strap with a spring-gated hook on the end. The constant raising and lowering will wear out that steel cable in no time. I even tried switching to the synthetic rope, but it wore and broke also. If you feel you HAVE TO keep the steel cable for plowing, get in contact with KFI Products. I saw a review on ATVTV.com of a pulley that mounts where the roller fairlead goes to prevent damage to the cable while using it to lift the plow. Hope this helps!

Gunner1, ive been reading up on the winch cable issue and it seems like most people that have had problems had a setup where the angle over the fairlead was pretty severe. Looking at mine, the angle is pretty minor. Do you think it will really be that much of an issue? My main concern is that ill put a strap on it (they are cheap enough) and then take it for a ride, get stuck and need to winch out, and i wont have enough strap to reach something.

I had the same problem with my cable breaking like gunner1.Moose plows make a pulley that bolts to plow frame and it raises cable angle up.I put it on late last winter. It was fairly inexpensive. That way ,you don't have to do anything to your cable.

• 6 months later...