What's for dinner tonight?

philoshop

6 minutes ago, Pygmy said:

I'll be down for breakfast..Got any crab or lobster left over  ?

For you’ll I’ll get some !

Right now half an apple fritter, a few eggs , some Life cereal, two,week old coleslaw, a few day,old  cooked breakfast sausage , a half gallon of gin and and a few beers .

But the night is still early can’t promise what will be here in the AM.

Edited by Stay at home Nomad
  • Like 1

My first try at this Stout-flavored Baked Mac n' Cheese.  Great flavors, especially with the added maple bacon (personal preference), but not as creamy/cheesy as I wanted.  

How would you adjust?  I baked at 40 minutes (called for 30-40 min).  Should I add more half & half or milk or will dropping the baking time to 30 min be enough?

Here is the recipe from craftbeer.com:  https://www.craftbeer.com/recipes/chocolate-stout-baked-mac-n-cheese

20190224_173249.jpg

20190224_174059.jpg

• Like 2

My first try at this Stout-flavored Baked Mac n' Cheese.  Great flavors, especially with the added maple bacon (personal preference), but not as creamy/cheesy as I wanted.  
How would you adjust?  I baked at 40 minutes (called for 30-40 min).  Should I add more half & half or milk or will dropping the baking time to 30 min be enough?
Here is the recipe from craftbeer.com:  https://www.craftbeer.com/recipes/chocolate-stout-baked-mac-n-cheese
20190224_173249.thumb.jpg.d8ea4b843b0a6a0aaed89d991362493b.jpg
20190224_174059.thumb.jpg.653a9bac0758aa01481e137899b691a1.jpg
I always add more cheese and cream. 30 min should be more then enough. Not a big fan of breadcrumb topping. Haven't tried a stout mac n cheese sounds interesting

Sent from my ASUS_A002A using Tapatalk

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, aboa13 said:

I always add more cheese and cream. 30 min should be more then enough. Not a big fan of breadcrumb topping. Haven't tried a stout mac n cheese sounds interesting

Sent from my ASUS_A002A using Tapatalk

Agree, 30 minutes should be the top end for time.  I might also drop the temp back to 325 degrees.  It needs some work to get to the right creaminess, but the flavor is on point.  Probably add more stout too. lol

Edited by Jdubs
  • Like 1