What's for dinner tonight?

philoshop

Wife for many years now takes off a week before Christmas to bake. Never a let down with these goodies. She put a tray together for me to bring to work.
Cut outs- short bread - Biscotti ( 2 types )- dark n light sponge candy - peanut butter cups - hazelnut chocolate cups - peppermint bark - sea salt chocolate caramels and cranberry jellies 6ce6e731aa4869da398b3534b5077c71.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 7

9 minutes ago, turkeyfeathers said:

Do you put a splash of vinegar into the bowl before you eat it ?  So good !

9 minutes ago, turkeyfeathers said:

Do you put a splash of vinegar into the bowl before you eat it ?  So good !

YUP !!   My bean soup also contains a generous amount of my home grown garlic....

Cleaned up a bunch of shanks from a teacher friend of mine. Planning on making a monster pot of osso bucco (14# of meat) from 5 deer’s shanks. May as well try to make some venison stock from the roasted bones.
20b80e788150d2a49dc5aaa4403fb5fb.jpg
Should be a nice bump to the venison shepherds pie.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, crappyice said:

Holy Helmut that looks amazing!

312f8e6213b9ee9ad13b99686cfcc8a3.jpg

Venison chili bubbling away for when I get back from my evening sit- not sure if I’m crazy, desperate or just love this $hit!!!

That looks good just need to make some corn bread to go with it.I would use a slow cooker unless you have someone/wife that will stir the pot/Still nothing like homemade chilli

That looks good just need to make some corn bread to go with it.I would use a slow cooker unless you have someone/wife that will stir the pot/Still nothing like homemade chilli

I don’t love the slow cooker for much else besides soup. Any piece of meat has a “grey flavor” from a slow cooker in my opinion. The Mrs will tend the pot from last night to my arrival home.

I’m sure she will be waiting with my drink properly prepared, a warm bath will be drawn and a massage after she had the three kids all day!!!

• Haha 1

I was looking forward  to having fried chicken  done by The Mermaid's grandson's girlfriend...

She has an azz about an ax handle wide , so I figured she could do some good fried chicken....

Dinner got cancelled....Going to the Mermaid's other son's house instead....Her DIL is Philipino  and cooks up some pretty good gook food...

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

The girlfriend made fresh guacamole tonight for a snack treat. Alton Brown's recipe as a guideline.  
20171228_194219.thumb.jpg.488cc32c5d62f4d379a9cf9174985eaf.jpg

Wife makes a killer guac. On a whim went to Jack Astor’s at the mall. Guacamole with minced peanuts , feta cheese , cilantro, hoisin drizzle , sashimi tuna. Pretty good I gotta say d15df86d06ec895ea43721017487b557.jpg

• Like 1