What's for dinner tonight?

philoshop

12 hours ago, turkeyfeathers said:

Spent my birthday yesterday doing inventory. Followed by nap at 5:30 pm and woke up this morning at 7 am. Missed birthday dinner , opening presents from girls and going to my folks Upper respiratory infection I think. Coughed up pounds of a non dinner like substance. Drooled all over the pillow something fierce lol. Didn’t even have a special birthday beer. Get better soon. Almost as bad as having a sick child and feeling helpless.
And Dom , gravy on pancakes ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes Sir gravy on my pancakes you'll have ti give it a try.I also like leftover stew over them as well goodluck with your sickness some kinda crap going around

Here’s the rundown for today. Started with bacon egg and cheese sandwiches and ham and cheddar quiche after church. Making homemade soft pretzel dough now, pigs in a blanket, wings, puff pastry two ways (Brie and cranberry & leftover osso bucco and some type of cheese to be determined); nachos with venison chili and cupcakes!!! The Mrs will be enjoying some pomegranate/ginger beer/vodka concoction as the Evan Williams will be on tap for me(with an occasional High Life).
Going out with a BANG-diet starts ....let’s be honest.... NEVER!!!

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, reeltime said:

Judy made  seafood Lasagna this afternoon,,,,,,, I may have hurt myself LOL.  She makes a killer regular Lasagna but this seafood one was phenomenal.  

Red sauce or Alfredo ? On my way regardless with Fketch’s , Paula’s , mlhammerhirts and a few others along the way 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, turkeyfeathers said:

Red sauce or Alfredo ? On my way regardless with Fketch’s , Paula’s , mlhammerhirts and a few others along the way 

she said its a homemade sauce, like an alfredo sauce.   the best was the 1/4" of fresh REAL mozzarella cheese topping.  

I can see if she will give up the recipe, lol  

• Like 3

I just finished up some pork baby back ribs slathered in Sweet Baby Ray's  plus a big ol' sweet tater ( baked in foil) and

a tossed salad washed down with Genny Light...

After The Mermaid makes me do dishes and clean up the kitchen, I might take a nap so I can wake up and watch the ball drop...

But if I don't......WTF   ???....Hehehehe... Happy New year, Y'all...!!....

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Robhuntandfish said:

Chicken wing dip, spinach dip, meatballs, venison and peppers and onions for mini tortilla's, veges, cranberry pretzel salad, mini peppers stuffed with venison sausage cheese and stuffing, deviled eggs, Jim and Ginger.......

IMG_20171231_181535382.jpg

Please explain chicken wing dip!

I have so many thoughts in my head lol.

Love buffalo flavor.

I spotted the Jim Beam in the background....

These were not greasy, fork tender. 

I started them on the stove in a Dutch oven, seasoned then put water to cover bottom of pan. After an hour I added sweet baby Rays, put in over for 30 min without lid.  

Steve the meateater says to start in pressure cooker and finish on grill. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, turkeyfeathers said:

Wait ? You’ve never had chicken wing dip ? There’s not a party tonight in WNY that doesn’t have some 

I'm not in WNY!  I am stuck in the Catskills with people who think they are not cidiots!

Help me!

I was born way too far south! Anyone who knows me, know's this!

Edited by Bionic

4 hours ago, Bionic said:

Please explain chicken wing dip!

I have so many thoughts in my head lol.

Love buffalo flavor.

I spotted the Jim Beam in the background....

Chicken wing dip. Cooked and cut up and shredded chicken then mixed with blue cheese or ranch, cream cheese and Franks hot sauce, then topped with cheddar cheese and baked in the oven .  It's one of my favorite things. There are a few different variations but that's the base of it.  So damn good. Gotta have celery and scoops chips to dip with. 

And yes Jim beam for some Jim and Ginger.  

• Like 1

Didn’t take pics, but had this:

Butler-Style Passed Hors d’ Oeuvres
Fried Artichoke Hearts with Boursin Cheese
Buffalo Chicken Spring Rolls
Stacked Scallop & Slab Bacon, Honey Teriyaki Glaze
Veal and Ricotta Meatballs, Asiago Cream Sauce
Chocolate-Dipped Bacon
Seared Beef Tenderloin
Smoked Salmon, Dill Cream Cheese, Bagel Chip
Passed Cheeseburger Sliders with French Fries

Chilled Seafood Display
Colossal Shrimp • Shucked Littleneck Clams
Oysters on the Half Shell • Oyster Shooters
Seafood Martinis

The Craft Butchery
Cracked Peppercorn-Rubbed Leg of Lamb, Wilted Spinach and Almond Salad, Tomato-Mint Chutney
Whole Roasted Suckling Pig, with Flaky Aged Cheddar Butter Biscuits
Brown Sugar-Glazed Corned Beef Brisket, Pierogies, Sautéed Onions, Spicy Grain Mustard

Grandview Garde Manger Creations
Multinational Cheese Board with Water Crackers
Antipasto Display of Pepperoni, Ham, and Salami
Farmers Crudités of Fresh Local Vegetables
Marinated Black and Green Olives
Herb-Marinated, Fire-Roasted Vegetables
Artfully Displayed Seasonal Fruits and Berries
Chef’s Selection of Handcrafted Chilled Salads
A Stroll Down Arthur Avenue
Rigatoni Buterra, Crumbled Sausage, Peas, Onions, Tomato Cream Sauce
Traditional Eggplant Rollatini, Stuffed with Herbed Ricotta, Marinara Sauce
Rustic Herb Chicken, Tender Chicken Breast Slices, Oven Roasted Potatoes, Sautéed Peppers and Onions, Fresh Herbs
Spiced Marinated Fresh Bocconcini
Caesar Salad “Old Fashioned”

Dinner
Tuscan Antipasto Salad, Shaved Prosciutto di Parma, Sweet Capicolo, Fresh Mozzarella, Roasted Red Peppers, Marinated Artichokes, Grilled Eggplant and Zucchini, and Sicilian Olives over a Mound of Baby Greens with Fresh Basil Vinaigrette

Tableside Choice of:
Seared Filet Mignon – Brandy Peppercorn Cream Sauce

Phyllo Wrapped Chicken – Fresh Mozzarella, Roasted Red Peppers, Mushroom Duxelle

Salmon Oscar – Oven-Baked Salmon Topped With Crabmeat Stuffing and Asparagus, Citrus Beurre Blanc

Roasted Acorn Squash Stuffed with Wild Rice

Dessert
Minutes to Midnight
Layers of Caramel Chocolate Mousse Cake, Dolce De Leche, Chocolate Ganache, Fresh Profiterole

Decadent Departures
Hot Pretzels Served with Mustard
Sausage Egg & Cheese on a Croissant

• Like 1