I pulled the trigger on a new toy this year

Grouse

No I didn't buy another firearm.  Actually I'm selling off a few that I never use.  This year I'm turning 68 in December and looking to retire in the spring of 24.

I've been thinking about getting back on a bike for at least 8 years now, having sold my last one 10 years ago.  I really got hooked on the brand new 2023 HD Breakout and just decided to do it.  Picked it up 9/20/23 and already have 400 miles on the clock.  I plan on riding as much as I can when the weather is nice before the winter sets in.

Since it's too warm for hunting right now, this is the perfect backup plan for me.  I'm back in the saddle again.

23Breakout6.jpg

23Breakout4.JPG

23Breakout3.jpg

Edited by Grouse
  • Like 15

2 hours ago, Grouse said:

No I didn't buy another firearm.  Actually I'm selling off a few that I never use.  This year I'm turning 68 in December and looking to retire in the spring of 24.

I've been thinking about getting back on a bike for at least 8 years now, having sold my last one 10 years ago.  I really got hooked on the brand new 2023 HD Breakout and just decided to do it.  Picked it up 9/20/23 and already have 400 miles on the clock.  I plan on riding as much as I can when the weather is nice before the winter sets in.

Since it's too warm for hunting right now, this is the perfect backup plan for me.  I'm back in the saddle again.

23Breakout6.jpg

23Breakout4.JPG

23Breakout3.jpg

Nice Bike I did the same but stuck with 4 wheels. New company wheels if you will. 

IMG_6793.png

• Like 7

Always been a motorcycle guy, I still ride but as I get up there in age I ride less and less every year. Still mess around collect mostly with vintage stuff, they are fun to tinker with and I like the old styles without all the electronics that I know nothing about.

I picked up an Honda adventure scooter last year, I ride that one quite a bit and like it's ability to go on easy back-gravel roads which is where I do most of my riding these days.

Always wanted to go to the Sturgis Bike Rally, looks like it would be a blast.

Been looking for a late 60's early 70s Honda CB 750 four in good shape, my first and favorite bike was a 69 CB 750 in Antares Red, they are  pretty pricey these days.

Al

2023-10-03_143620.png

Edited by airedale
  • Like 3

Ah, the good old days. I started riding in the early 70’s with a CB 350 then a CB750. I moved on from the rice burners to H-D. Had Sportys and EGC’s. Loved them all. Age and health concerns caught up so I no longer ride. Was fun while it lasted.

• Like 2

I'm going the opposite way. I have a 95 Kawasaki Ninja 600 sitting in the garage that hasn't been ridden in almost 10 years now. It will be put up for sale in the spring. With everything else I do it's time to let it go. I doubt it would even be comfortable for me to ride anymore. My age says I'm young but my back and hip say I'm old. 

• Like 3