Can new members join?

Grouse

Did someone just come out of a Coma ? No one has been able to join for some time . WNYBuckhunter and I have both contacted Burmjohn , the site owner , with no luck . Burmjohn is the only one that can open the door and let new people join the site . It's all up to him . 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I researched a little while back and if an owner doesn't keep up with the site  fee's and updates it reverts back to invision. Invision will let it run until the site withers away or it is purged . Not saying I know this to be true with us but..  

26 minutes ago, Nytracker said:

I researched a little while back and if an owner doesn't keep up with the site  fee's and updates it reverts back to invision. Invision will let it run until the site withers away or it is purged . Not saying I know this to be true with us but..  

So, this Invision and Purging stuff. Is their like flaws that come into the site, that can't be repaired?

2 hours ago, landtracdeerhunter said:

So, this Invision and Purging stuff. Is their like flaws that come into the site, that can't be repaired?

Ok so this is just a guess. As long as there is value in the site .  Advertisement  money coming in  verses cost of doing bussiness,space on the server and such  it keeps going. When the money runs out or the space is required and there is no value  it will get purged. 

As I said before I do not know what is the situation for this site so its all a guess I'm not a an administrator  or owner

Interesting. Are we saying that the site is abandoned and will just keep afloat for as long as the provider doesn't need the use of the bandwidth? That sounds a little tenuous. Is there a way that the site can be taken over by someone else? It is kind of a weird situation, isn't it?

Many old abandoned websites are still up because the domain has not expired yet. The owners may have forgotten to renew it, or they may have deliberately allowed it to expire. In either case, the hosting service will eventually take the website down.

So if something happens to your password, and you try to re-join, your just plain out of luck. So it could be that a lot of people that we thought had abandoned us may simply not been allowed to rejoin when something accidently happened to their account. Ha-ha-ha-ha-ha.....perhaps Burmjohn got locked out of his own site. Hey! That's not funny.

• Haha 1

On 1/29/2024 at 8:51 AM, Grouse said:

I noticed this on the main page.  If this is so, it's no wonder the site is so slow.

Newest Member
Mikelicc
Joined February 26, 2022

lol if me or any other pot stirring POS said this the ban hammer would have come down PDQ.    And of course I’m not suggesting that Grouse gets the boot anyway, anyhow I think it’s just funny that he said it.   

Wait……maybe his account has been hacked?!?!   :)

12 minutes ago, Lawdwaz said:

lol if me or any other pot stirring POS said this the ban hammer would have come down PDQ.    And of course I’m not suggesting that Grouse gets the boot anyway, anyhow I think it’s just funny that he said it.   

Wait……maybe his account has been hacked?!?!   :)

If anyone on this site missed the first crap show that went down when this place imploded they didn’t spend a lot of time on this site anyways.   Plus it’s obvious that the only active mod on this site is Ok with people on here calling other members names and the personal attacks. Getting old. We are down to what 10 daily active posters on this site?  Clock is ticking for sure.