ADK Muzzleloader Buck

nyantler

Snuck up within 8 yards of this 8-point feeding just of a trail in ADK's Fulton County in the pouring rain... had to wait about a minute before I could get a shot at his shoulder... My biggest muzzleloader buck with patch & round ball... I was dreading the drag out, but it wasn't too bad at 2 hours... I just love the big woods

post-525-0-59851800-1413656770_thumb.jpg

post-525-0-98205800-1413656753_thumb.jpg

• Like 20

WOW that is awesome Joe!!!  He looks soaked!  Amazing, your dedication is tried and true as and ADK deer hunter, hats off to you.  Very cool!  Did you weigh him, age estimate?

You are getting me sighted for my ADK trip, hoping for another great adventure, deer or no deer!

I didn't weigh him... he wasn't that big.. maybe 160-165... I believe he is at least 3 1/2... but he just doesn't have that "old buck" body... a very handsome specimen of an ADK buck just not an ADK slob buck... but I'm very happy.. especially as the smoke pole patch & roundball... it was a great hunt.

• Like 1

Yes it was raining like hell... wasn't bad while hunting... sucked for dragging up hill in the wet leaves though... I was going to carry the buck on my back but it was so slippery going uphill I was afraid if I fell the weight of the buck falling on me might injure me... or I might get gored by the antlers... lol... I'm no spring chicken any more as you can see by the grey in my beard

• Like 1

Pic of me dragging out deer... my buddy came out to keep me company while dragging and to take some photos... he couldn't help with the drag because he is disabled... he was hunting about a mile away so I was able to contact him... just having someone there to talk to and share the experience made the drag less grueling

post-525-0-07490900-1413732794_thumb.jpg

• Like 1