Do you guys use lifelines when climbing ladder stands

luberhill

20 minutes ago, GreeneHunter said:

I do not use a lifeline , but when I'm in my ladder stand I bring the bar down in front of me and at that point I'm secure .... great place to take a Nap !

My brother in law used to use a harness but gave it up because of the bar. I'm still a fan of the harness but it did get in the way when I had shot at that big buck. 

20 hours ago, luberhill said:

I’m super paranoid so I’m harnessed and hooked to a lifeline before my feet leave the ground.

Ha-ha-ha-ha.....I'm more paranoid than you. My feet don't leave the ground while hunting.....ever anymore. I came down out of the trees quite a few years ago. It's a "heights" thing. My last tree stand was a 5' x 5' platform only 12 feet off the ground, and a railing all the way around. Eventually even all that wasn't enough and I found that I could not shoot my bow while both arms were wrapped around the tree.

No I don't do tree stands anymore, and I'm actually more excited about hunting when I am on the ground, eyeball to eyeball with the deer. Yes, hunting from the ground is a bit of a handicap, but it does increase the challenge and the excitement. And I don't have to worry about lifelines.

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, Tughill Tamer said:

No I don't use a harness or lifeline in a tree stand not that it's a bad idea I just never have. I like GreeneHunter just drop the bar when I'm settled. I won't sit a tree stand without the shooting rail.

Sent from my moto g power (2022) using Tapatalk

They say most accidents happen going up and coming down.. others when the stand itself fails