Albany county deer

biggamefish

well if it was shot they loaded it on a truck without gutting it. look at how the abdomin is all full and high. I sure would like to see something like that in the wild once.....even off season

That's why I suggested that it wasn't even a dead buck!  He might be on his way to the sperm milker!!

My buddy sent me this picture via phone, said it was taken in Westerlo, close to the alcove.  Deer that size are possible down there, 5th all time heaviest white tail in NYS was taken there at 437 lbs in the 80's.  And things are still green down there.  But, note the leaves in the background....... looks more like an early season Ohio buck to me.

I didn't want to bring it up here until it started showing up on the internet.  He said in his text "Was sent to me from someone who knows the guys family who shot it."  Take it with a grain of salt, these things are always a friend of a friend, but my friend is generally a very reliable individual, and a great hunter.  It is interesting to see it come up from another source though!

Gets me kind of stoked that I'm buying a house in the area ;)

My buddy sent me this picture via phone, said it was taken in Westerlo, close to the alcove.  Deer that size are possible down there, 5th all time heaviest white tail in NYS was taken there at 437 lbs in the 80's.  And things are still green down there.  But, note the leaves in the background....... looks more like an early season Ohio buck to me.

I didn't want to bring it up here until it started showing up on the internet.  He said in his text "Was sent to me from someone who knows the guys family who shot it."  Take it with a grain of salt, these things are always a friend of a friend, but my friend is generally a very reliable individual, and a great hunter.  It is interesting to see it come up from another source though!

Gets me kind of stoked that I'm buying a house in the area ;)

Where'd you get the weight ranking? NYSBBC? I'm really interested in looking at that record list.

Upstate where did you get the info on the 437 pound deer would love to see that info.  I hunt around the albany county area.  I would love to find out where these deer are hiding. ;)

Me too, wheres the info?  The only way you are going to get 437 pounds of deer is if you tie or freeze 3-4 together..ok maybe 2-3 but still!

Upstate where did you get the info on the 437 pound deer would love to see that info.  I hunt around the albany county area.  I would love to find out where these deer are hiding. ;)

Me too, wheres the info?  The only way you are going to get 437 pounds of deer is if you tie or freeze 3-4 together..ok maybe 2-3 but still!

WOrks for me. If 3 are tied together that might be the only way I fill my 3 doe tags...lol

The people that say they saw or there deer was 200+ pounds goes with the grain of salt saying.  I have shot deer and people say that that is a 180 pound deer right there and I am like I doubt it turns out to be 130 pounds on the sclae and they just look at me like I hit them in the jaw with a right hook.  I was fortunate to take a 185 pound 9 pointer (dressed) once in 14 years of hunting I know what he looked like and some of these guys who have there pic up and say it was a 200 pound deer are crazy.  Like I said before take it all with a grain of salt.