September 1970

Lawdwaz

Gman posted this link in another thread.  If you were born in 50's or 60's and were as hooked on this stuff as I was at an early age you might want to take a look at some of it.  Lots of cool old ads that I remember very vividly.  I had just turned 9 years old when this issue was printed, I can't say for sure that I read that particular one but between Field & Stream & Outdoor Life I was always kept busy............

https://books.google.com/books?id=zmoCGEO-nrMC&pg=PA84&lpg=PA84&dq=german+methods+of+mounting+skulls&source=bl&ots=h7fDUukjQD&sig=exrsBCWpyYMmQnuV_kndCQY-S1k&hl=en&sa=X&ei=Q-GgVKbEGYGbgwS-2YOoDw&ved=0CE0Q6AEwDjgK#v=onepage&q=german%20methods%20of%20mounting%20skulls&f=false

• Like 1

That was very cool!!  I was just a kid but I remember a lot of those ads….A friend and I got screwed on the "2 switch blades for $1.98" ad. LOL!!! They weren't even switchblades  and were the cheapest flimsiest things ever. I remember my dad laughing at us after we opened the package on my front porch.  We got the shaft on those damn Sea Monkeys too!!!  Good memories …LOL!!!

Thanks..

That was very cool!!  I was just a kid but I remember a lot of those ads….A friend and I got screwed on the "2 switch blades for $1.98" ad. LOL!!! They weren't even switchblades  and were the cheapest flimsiest things ever. I remember my dad laughing at us after we opened the package on my front porch.  We got the shaft on those damn Sea Monkeys too!!!  Good memories …LOL!!!

Thanks..

I got burned on the "X-ray Specs"...I never was able to see what was under Mary Lou's training bra....and the principal confiscated my "spud gun"...memories....

Edited by Uncle Nicky
  • Like 2

I liked the Sears ads W/Ted Williams. When I 1st started hunting hear the S. side of the Chicago suburbs in the '60s I bought a lot of my hunting stuff & shotgun shells from Sears. My 1st shotgun was a J. C. Higgins 16ga pump made by High-Standard.

Lots of gun ads for brands no longer prevailent. The H&R M300 Bolt gun ad brought back memories & some very high quality European names were also represented.

Again I was amazed @ the concern for the enviroment. Almost all of the articles about political/social issues were stressing the need for conservation. I remember how you could see the reddish cast in the air over Lake Calumet & the smog rolling up the Alegheny River in the summer. Pennsylvania did a great job cleaning up coal mine polluted streams in that era, turning many into pretty nice put & take trout fisheries.

Edited by wildcat junkie