Do you prefer real or fake

Christmas trees...geesh. (no offense to any other celebrations)  

68 members have voted

1. 1. Christmas trees...geesh. (no offense to any other celebrations)

• Real
    • Artificial
    • None
    • Other

I keep laughing at the thought of all the rough and tough hunters here wimpering at the thought of stepping on the needles but yet none of us blink an eye over standing out in the woods for hours on end and gutting a deer. haha sissy's!  ;D

LOL!  Speaking of sissy's, we haven't heard the AR supporters voice their opinions on this topic yet.  8)

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I keep laughing at the thought of all the rough and tough hunters here wimpering at the thought of stepping on the needles but yet none of us blink an eye over standing out in the woods for hours on end and gutting a deer. haha sissy's!  ;D

LOL!  Speaking of sissy's, we haven't heard the AR supporters voice their opinions on this topic yet.  8)

They are for artificials...they are waiting for the tree to mature another year :;)

I'll always be partial towards a real tree. My family sold them for 50 years. As a kid and up until high school, it's how I made my Christmas jing. Family changes forced the end of that, but the memories are forever. It made me who I am today. How many 10 year olds do you know that can lift and tie down an 8 ft tree to a car roof? They came from Bull Moose Hill in New Brunswick Canada.

I like a real tree BUT had a hard time prying the $65 out of my wallet for the one we got this year! I have a cathedral ceiling so we can get a 10-11 foot tree.

holy crap! We go to a place that is $30 flat rate..any tree any size..$30 and they are great tree's. Of course its way out in the boonies, this coming from a guy who lives in what others consider the boonies.

Real trees smell nice, but I can't beat the Grinch type fake tree we have now. You open the box put the base down, had the bottom sections opens like umbrella but upside dow, add the top field that falls down opens the same way. And bam tree is up, and does not cut into my hunting time. Plus these fake tree's are looking better then a real tree, on thing I hate about a real tree, you buy one looks just right until you get it inside and it warms up and over takes 2-3 times the space when you first put it up.

Real trees smell nice,

Lol...... set out a pan of Pine-sol.  Isn't there some pine scented cover scent that you can buy somewhere from a hunting supply catalog or something? ;D

I got to tell you, when my wife gets done decorating our tree, she has so much stuff on it you can't tell whether it's real or fake anyway....lol. It's just a carrier for ornaments and lights. It could probably be made from welded up water pipe and chicken wire. Hang enough crap on it and nobody would know the difference anyway.  :)

Always real. Theres a tree farm less than 10 min away. The kids love it, wandering around picking out the perfect tree. Prices are good at $18 or $24 any size depending on type. Also pickup maple syrup. We go at lunchtime, back home for the afternoon hunt. :)

Thats ALOT of ornaments Eddie.  ???

That's the way ours looks ..... only even more-so.

So does it really matter whether it's real or fake? you can't see it! Like I said before, the tree could be welded water pipes with chicken wire over it and nobody would even know the difference ..... lol  ;D